Update about Darrell from Rinksgal :D

rinksgal

I just wanted to come in here and post a update for Darrell my husband. Some of you might remember us. He was dx soon after his 50th birthday in May, 2003.

I'm posting this in hopes that this will give some of you that are going through the worse time of your life, some hope. Darrell is still in remission. He has come so very far and we thank God everyday that he has been in remission now for over 2 1/2 years. We might be a long way yet from that 5 year mark, but we've learned to live for today and not to worry about tomorrow! Which is hard to do after battling lung cancer! You tend to live ct scan to ct scan! We still both get grumpy and moody when a new ct scan is approaching. I doubt that will ever change. Darrell took a medical retirement and is enjoying each and everyday. He now does all of our cooking, dishes and took over my garden! Life couldn't be better for now! There was a time that I didn't think he would be here 6 months from now. Especially after they changed his dx to a stage 3b. This forum helped me personally get through the worse time in my life! I want to thank all of you for your support and love through out our journey. I quit coming to this site, because I couldn't look ahead. I was so stuck in the what if's, that I couldn't move forward and enjoy life. I so wish all of you that are dealing with this terrible disease the best of luck and I say prayers for all of you each day! I think of this site so often!! I want to thank the people that has made this site what it is, for giving people somewhere to go when they need so much support. You truely helped me!! thanks! Just don't give up and always know there is hope!! Love and Prayers to all of you!! Christy and Darrell (rinksgal)

Thanks so much, Christy, for posting and giving so many here the glimmer of HOPE that is out there! I'm ecstatic for you and Darrell and hope for MANY more years of enjoying life together. Send him over to PA to do the cooking here..........gardening too. I could keep him REAL busy if he runs out of things to to :lol: !

Hope you check in every once and again to give any new folks hope and courage to continue on! Now go and enjoy life!

Kasey

Oh Stop It?! :cry: That is so wonderful to hear ya got me crying for Joy.congrats and am Happy For good news always :)

I am glad to hear Darrell is doing well and enjoying his retirement. I had to retire sooner than planned also. And, I am enjoying my retirement.

I think there have been some compensations as a result of my cancer. My wife and I are closer now. I enjoy my self more. I am retired amd liking it. I don't sweat the small stuff anymore like I used to do.

I hope Darrell continues the NED path for years to come.

Don M

Thanks for all of the well wishing for Darrell.

Don Wood I do remember you and your wife. I'm glad to see things are still going well for you and your wife. I wish all of you the best of luck. I just thought is was time for a new update. Darrell has been doing so good!! Hope all of you had a nice memorial weekend!!

Thanks for the uplifting message, Christy. I remember you too and have wondered how Darrell was doing. Best wishes for a long and enjoyable retirement for both of you! (Sure wish I had someone to take over the housework and garden!) :) - Teresa

• 3 weeks later...