not good news

myrnalu

Got results today from the pet scan.surgery is out still lymphnodes involved.go for another cat scan next month.She didnt give me much hope.The cancer is incurable.They can only treat it to make me feel better but it wont cure it.Does this mean im just gonna suffer for whatever life I have left?Dont want to suffer and dont want to die.

Hey honey.

A report like you got is a shocker, for sure.

Remember, dear, you don't need to cure the lc, just put it into remission.

There are methods out there that are still available to you.

After the initial shock has wore off, it will be time to hunt with the squirrel with the bat or light sabers...! There will be something that will be there for you that will help you to continue the fight.

Go ahead and have a spot of a good wail, but remember to pick yourself back up when it's over. If YOUR doc can't/won't help you, there are plenty who can!

love,

Cindi o'h

I hate that word, incurable. I remember when I heard it from my doc, I felt my whole world was crashing down around me, that I was just waiting to die. But then he said that this could be managed, and that we just needed to find a treatment that works, and then hang onto it for as long as possible, and then we find the next one. Who knows, what is incurable today may not be incurable in six months.

Wouldn't it be great to be cured? You bet. But if I can't be cured I'll settle for living with it for a long, long time.

I'm with you, I don't want to die, and I'm terrified of suffering. But I know from the stories here that people do survive, and live, with this ugly disease, we can do it too.

Hang in there. There are options out there, if you don't like the ones you're given then go out and find some more.

Tracy

Marie,

First yes it sucks big time! What does it mean specifically, who knows. Please look at all the wonderful people around here who are still here fighting. By the way, you would think that with the type of lung cancer my husband has, and it is the worse type, you would think he'd be long gone or on his last legs...not the case!!! He's in chemo, gaining weight, driving me crazy!, cooking, playing with the girls. In fact, we all may go out for ice cream tonite. I think it is his incredible attitude that has really helped him. All I can tell you is to take one day, one moment at a time, that is how we live our lives. We are here for you!

Grace

Tell me what info You need and I am on it. I am in a fighting mood right now. Clinical Trials? there are currently 62 mew medications coming down the pipeline and lots out there. Incurable and controllable are 2 different words completely. Sending Prayers.PM if I can do anything right now to help.

Dear Marie, I'd like to give you a big hug, (((Marie)))

I'm so sorry that you are facing this. I wish that in later stage cancer's, the Doctor's would stop talking about *pallitive chemo/treatment* or as your Doctor said, treatment to make you feel better. Treatment is treatment is treatment and each time the cancer is knocked back because of a particular treatment, you're ahead of the game and winning. As Tracey said above, "Who knows, what is incurable today may not be incurable in six months." Hold on to that thought Marie and don't let anyone, ever, take your hope away. You're in my prayers and I wish you everything good!!

Lynda

Marie,

Give yourself time to digest what your doctor has told you....then go for a second opinion. It doesn't seem to me the doctor said that surgery was completely out of the question, just "not yet" - find a doctor that gives you more options. I would suggest a consultation with a large cancer center that has a department specializing in thoracic and/or lung cancer. A large center would have access to all of the latest studies, trials, etc.

Do NOT give up, you're barely out of the gate! Adjust the wheel and drive on.

Never "settle" and never give up.

Take care,

Becky

Oh boy,

I hate to say that I know that feeling, but I unfortunately do. You've got to rise above it and get the boxing gloves back on!!

We are so close, both in proximity and in terms of our LC. I was dx in May, 2005.

Wishing you only the best. Ya gotta believe.

Joan

Marie,

The others are right. Controllable and stable is what's important, which may lead to curable later. You need a new treatment after you have time to get back in fighting mode. You CAN and WILL do this! Prayers being said for you and for the doctor's to have imagination and wisdom. Take care. Please keep talking to us. We can help support you.

Marie

I am sorry it wasn't the news you wanted but incurable doesn't mean you're leaving any time soon. You still have lots of options open to you, Tarceva for one. Hang in there.... everyone is here for you.

Rochelle

Oh Marie,

I am so sorry your got such news from your doc. Now put that aside, try to lift yourself up (with all of our help), and get ready to kick butt!!!! Let NO one tell you how much time there is. What there will be.....will be. In the meantime, maybe reread all the posts here and circle your wagons and get down to the business of getting a good plan in place.

We are all here for you, Marie. We'll do our best to keep your spirits us. Please just BELIEVE for now, Okay?

Kasey