Down today

daggiesmom

When I read of people passing here, I get very down. It seems even though you try your best, anything can come along and knock you down, and sometimes out. Look what happened to me in December. It has finally sunk in with me that EVERY DAY could be my last. Up till now, I've managed, somehow, to push that thought away. The longer you survive, the more it becomes just part of your past. Maybe I'm taking this for granted. I do try everyday to have a good day, but, as we all know, life is not always "good." Some days really s**k. I really would hate to go out on a "s**ky day. So the pressure seems to be to try and have a good day, every day - very difficult to put up with that.

Lately I've been very achy, elbows, knees, hands, which I attribute to the chemo. I've been taking fish oil and contdroiten/glucosomine, which were helping. Now, sometimes the aching returns, especially when it's humid. But, for anyone who is aching, you might try this. Oh well, guess I had to get that out of my system. Thanks for listening.

Joanie ((()))

Praying for all of us.

I am not a patient and I understand good and Bad days. Much love joy and hugs for you and a better day tomorrow. if not its ok at least it will be tomorrow.

Natural remedies or Motrin/Ibuprofen...

Must be the season, allergies and humidity. I find myself lately going to bed with the prayer on my lips of, "God, I don't want to die tonight."

I need to get out more! Oh yeah, I get out more, I have more allergy symptoms...I get out more, I spend too much money at the mall.... I think I need a vacation, maybe you do, too. When's the last time you took a day off to do something just for you, Joanie? Maybe you're overdue for some very intense ME time...

Take some time, Joanie. Veg out and chill...get a wading pool and have a pool party in your backyard! Have Cindi send over a cabana boy or two...

Yeah...nothin' some sunshine and a fruity drink with flowers can't cure! That's the ticket!

Joanie,

Hey I say it's time for you to go find a Hot Tub or Whirlpool Bath and have yourself a nice relaxing soak!!!! I just came back from my mini vacation and I had one of the best nights' sleep in a long time, and I soaked in the hot tub and the whirlpool and it did wonders! Also my husband was having his aches and pains ( from chemo) and his tingling feet and he took a nice long whirlpool bath and he said he felt so good, and especially his feet felt so much better. So I think it's time you take some "you" time, relax, unwind, blow out the bad and breathe in the good....

Grace

((((Joanie))))

It is ok for you to not have a good day. That is part of the experience too.

Come visit me, and I will provide cookies and ice cream and time to play with the cutest toddler on earth, and I won't even try to cheer you up unless you want to be cheered up. ;) (Wish we really could all just run over to one another's house!)

Thinking of you and hoping that tomorrow feels brighter.

(((Joanie)))

I once had a wise friend tell me "isn't that true of all of us-- any minute could be the last for each of us" -- This statement as a result of my confiding in her my fears after being diognosed. It's true -- we are all just penciled in here and at any minute we could be taken up....It's just that we are so much more keenly aware of that fact.

I have gotten to the point thru my faith in Christ, that I no longer believe in death. I believe in life. Life here now, and then finally in heaven. So the question is "how am I living"? Would He be pleased with my effort everyday? I fall short time and time again...but the good Lord does know that I do try.

It is by faith alone that we are saved (according to His Word). This fact is very powerful peace providing knowledge.

Tomorrow will be better....miracles DO happen...Keep hope alive.

I know how you feel Joanie. I feel it at times myself and it is the deepest of the pits. I think when we lose someone it forces the question of our own mortality front and center in our lives and sometimes that is difficult to get around. Somehow, by the Grace of God, we manage for a while and then we have to depend on His Grace to manage for another little while, and then another, and then another...

((((((((((((Joanie)))))))))))))))

Hope a little hug sent your way will help a bit!!!

Like Randy said, your don't even have to be a patient to have these days. I think we all get down when we read about a loss of one of our LCSC friends. I can't even come close to what it must be like to be a patient and have to stress and worry over every little ache and pain and body change, wondering if "IT" is back. My dear Joanie, you are so loved on this board. We don't expect your to be chirpy all the time. Personally, I have found that one of the best things on earth to cheer me up on a down day is a big, wet puppy kiss. That's Dr. Ann's remedy for a cure-all for you! So...take two puppy kisses and post again in a couple of hours!!!

Love ya...Joanie!!!

Joanie,

I hope you are feeling better today. I was just the caregiver and I still have many down days. I can't even imagine being the patient. Be kind to yourself.

I have to agree with Ann about the puppy kisses. It always makes my day when my BIG black lab greets me with a BIG wet puppy kiss! :lol:

Take care and wishing you happy days!

Diane

Joannie i could not help but respond to your posting here about the difficulty of so many leaving us (for a better and pain free place) my word's added. I found it just to tough for me to handle and read on a daily basis but your unique and have toughed all this out much better and longer than i. As for those achy day's ain't it wonderful that THE GOLDEN YEAR'S ARE HEAR AT LAST and to that i say those GOLDEN YEAR'S CAN KISS MY A--...Like Ann posted in a nother enjoy your weekend.....Larry

Thanks to all of you for you kind replies last week when I was down. I really appreciate all you kind words. I think that part of what I was feeling was also physical as on Friday, after coming home from work I took my temperature, and sure enough, I had a low grade fever. That always puts me down. So, after taking my 3 pack of Zithromax over the weekend, I'm feeling physically better. Mentally, I'm better too. Had a nice weekend and took some pictures. I'm going to try to post them to share.

Thanks again one and all. Luv ya!

Joanie