2 Years on 8/18/06

ginnyde

It can not be 2 years. In many ways it feels like yesterday and in others like a lifetime ago. I have lost many people in my life, both parents and both siblings for starters. But I had no idea how devastating the lose of a spouse would be.

Like Tina and Sue with having 'chores' that only the man could (or want) to do, I sometimes get mad because now I have to do them and many times am not sure how (but fumble through them).

I have this huge hole in my heart, it doesn't seem to want to heal. As Pat says, I miss him like fire, in all ways, at all times. I hope I have not exalted him to sainthood among my friends, something I think we widows are prone to do.

Earl was a fine man, he treated me like gold and he also treated everyone with respect. He was smart, not overly educated, but common sense smart, worldly smart, drive me crazy smart sometimes. He was funny, could tell a great story. He slept late, too late - this drove everyone crazy. (See he is not a saint) He could fix anything but his job jar overflowed. (Sound familiar ladies.)

I love him, not loved, I love him. I always will. The night he was dying I kept telling him he was my heart - that has not changed. So as I write this, 2 years seems like 2 minutes.

Do I hate lc, you better believe it, but I would have hated any disease or accident that took Earl away from me. But what I hate, hate, hate about lc, is the lack of funding to find a cure. So I will continue to support lc causes, and hopefully continue to support all of you here. So many of you are heros in my eyes.

Don't feel sorry for me. I had a wonderful life with Earl and for that I am eternally grateful. And I have a wonderful, loving family, terrific fun friends and a busy life. Thank you God, I am healthy, which as we know is an amazing gift.

Thank you Ginny, for sharing such warmth with all of us. I have no doubts that your Earl was the wonderful husband you have portrayed him to be. I cannot imagine that you would/could settle for anything less. You are a remarkable woman and your insight and compassion here at LCSC have given me much hope and peace. I am so very sorry for your loss, but I am proud to be able to call you my "sister" in this journey. On Friday, I'll be burning a candle in honor of your Earl and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and peace,

Beth

Ginny, Can it possibly be two years? Where did that time go to? It seems like only yesterday that I learned of Earls passing. I know it doesn't get easier, just kindof gets more bearable I suppose. Please know that I will be thinking of you on the 18th and lifting a glass and toasting to Earl... and the wonderful life you two shared. God Bless.. Love, Sharon

Gosh Ginny. How time does fly. It does not seem like 2 years. It seems like yesterday that you were posting another chapter about the Duke. Another thing...I am glad you have stayed with us. You have always been an inspiration to a lot of us here. Altho you and I are not fighting the same battle, I have been inspired by a lot of your posts.

Ginny-

I am glad you've stuck with all of us here when it can't be easy at times. It does not seem like 2 years. Your efforts to help find a cure are a wonderful tribute to the Duke. Thanks for all you do for us and the cause.

Rochelle

Ginny, It will be two years for me too since I lost my husband, John to NSCLC. It seems like yesterday. And, I too, will always love John. I am so hollow lately. It is so hard. I miss him so. But I need to be here for my children. And so we go on. Good luck to you. Carolyn

Wow Ginny two years! It seems like only yesterday that I would come here and look for the new chapter of The Duke Of Earl. I know what you mean about hating it but life goes on. What you are doing is a credit to your love for Earl. I'm hoping that aniversary date will not be too heart wrenching for you. Lillian

((((((((((Ginny))))))))))

What a truly beautiful post from such a beautiful lady. Yes, you were very fortunate to have such a wonderful man in your life and he was blessed to have such a graceful lady by his side. I all too well know the pain and heartaches you have endured since losing your dear Earl. It doesn't seem possible that two years have passed. I can hardly believe that December will bring the four year mark of my absence from Dennis. You have been sich a great role model for all of the widows on this board. Even when your pain has been the deepest, you have always had faith and inspiration to carry on. We are so blessed that you have remained with us and are here to help us carry on.

Earl must have just passed when I came on as I did not know your DUKE... only that he was gone.

It is amazing how much you get to love someone so much as they are a part of you and how lost you are when they leave us. I pray I never have to experience a loss like that.

Thank G-d you have so many friends that helped you through so many of your tradegies as you certainly have had your share.

Thinking of you. (((((((GINNY)))))

Maryanne :wink:

I to can not believe it's been two years. I have no idea how it feels to lose a spouse, I have no doubt it's very very difficult.

I sure you have up days and down days. I'm sure Earl extends his arms to you during your down days. I know you will continue to have wonderful joyful memories of your life together. I hope Earls Memorial day passed softly for you.

Ginny,

It's hard for me to believe that it has been two years since Earl's passing. I remember reading all your posts during the time that he was sick and so felt your love for him. I'm glad you have many loving supportive friends and relatives but I do understand that you still miss Earl greatly and you always will ---

(((Ginny)))

gail p-m