Getting to Know You - September 7

Ann

I love patchouli, it reminds me of my travelin Dead days...I still wear it but not around mom-she absolutely hates it. It makes her gag...

When I smell sweet pea, I think of mom as this has always been her favorite scent.

I am a lotion freak. I have hundreds of bottles. Most of them are natural smells, like lavendar, chamomile, eucalytus.

I'm a smelly girl :lol:

Wow. This is a good one. I love the smell of my kids' rooms after they are asleep, and we go in to tuck them in before we head to bed ourselves. Of course, the kids have had their baths, so they should potentially smell the same, but Zach and Lilli each have their own sweetness. I think Ray Romano, on Everybody Loves Raymond, once illuded to bottling that smell and selling it!

I also love the smell of popcorn, rain, peppermint at Christmastime, and my husband's cologne.

Lily of the valley is my most favorite smell, it reminds me of our Sunday school aniversary at church. This was in May and my Mom made us corsages with lily of the valley from our garden.

I grow them in our garden and wear a perfume that has this as it's base.

I also love.......popcorn, baking bread, food on the BBQ, fried onions, pine forests........I'm not too food oriented am I?

Geri

I relate to so many smells and like Geri, many of my favorite smells are food related. My favorite smells are gingerbread and vanilla. Both of these smells take me back to my childhood, as my mother was a wonderful baker. Whenever I smell a sweet pipe tobacco, I think of my dad and his pipe smells. Every time I smell turkey roasting in the oven, I think of Dennis. This was his favorite food and he loved the smell of turkey roasting in the oven. Oh...another of his favorite smells was grass, just after it was mowed.

I like the smells of freshly baked bread and apple pie.

But I really love the smell of freshly cut grass. Whenever Keith would mow the lawn, he'd come in, and he'd just smell like fresh cut grass and sunshine. Now when my lawn gets mowed I go outside and breathe deep and imagine I am smelling that scent on him again like he was standing in front of me.

Ry--I agree. That 'dirt and sunshine' smell that kids have is wonderful

I love the smell of my favorite coffee cake baking--Mom's recipe of course. ;)

My husband smells like Zest and Pert-Plus. ;) I like that too.

The other day I used some VO5 shampoo, and it smelled just like the greasy stuff Mom used on my hair when I was little. Made me so happy. :)

One of my new favorite smells, is this candle my youngest and i bought the other day, it smells just like a delicious lemon cake!!!!! and has sprinkles in it too. Every time I light it, I just want to go out and get me some lemon cake with thick vanilla frosting!!!!!! :lol:

I also luv those pine air freshners for your car :D

Grace

My favorite smell is coffee brewing. That is a smell that I always loved and later it became my most often sign that Johnny is with me. Another smell I associate with my mom. She worked in the canery for over 40 years. I can remember going to pick her up during tomatoe season and meeting the smell of those cooked tomatoes a good mile before we got there. Later I bought a house a 1/4th mile from there and smelled it all season long. The funniest thing is I don't like tomatoes and seldom cook with tomatoe sauce :!:

As for perfume, I love White Shoulders, I think I could bathe in it. Lillian

Popcorn popping. When we were little, Mom and Dad used to pop some every night when we went to bed. We imagined they watched TV and 'partied' while we were sent off to bed. I used to lie there and wish I could sneak out and be with them.

And I'll go with the freshly scrubbed babies--but it has to be Baby Magic---J&J never did anything for me.

:) Kelly