An Indigo Girls kind of day

mamasbabygirl

I was on my way into work, popped in an Indigo Girls CD and lost it. I called my boss, told him I'm not coming in. I came home, put on one of mom's outfits and am listening, singing, crying to my Girls' songs.

For those of you have never listened, check them out.

For me and my mama-Virginia Woolf

For me and any other widow/ers-Ghost

For my favorite bartender here, Beth, Randy, Ann-Love of the Common People

For me-The Girl with the Weight of the World in Her Hands

I'm a mess.

Many Prayers and Hugs right now. I know how difficult this is right now. If you are up to it the Bar is Open tonite at 8 Eastern time. If not we understand completely. The Pain gets duller but never goes away. :cry: I pray you find a little Positive energy at Leeast today. :(

Its just hard as hell! Wish I had "magic words" that could take it all away for you...for myself.. and for all those who have lost loved ones to this beast. Words just seem so hollow...its really ok to be a mess (and perhaps part of the grieving process) - just know that you are not alone, there are many of us here who are walking a very similar path. Hoping that the days to come pass more gently for you.

(((LORI))

Wishing you peace,

Cindy

((Lori))

I'm so sorry your in so much pain! You need to give yourself a chance it's soooooo new. You take care of yourself and if you can't go into work then STAY HOME. Just remember people who haven't lost someone yet can't understand the pain. Just remember you always have us the people who totally understand..

LOve

Michele

Lori,

It just plain sucks doesn't it??? Don't know if I can post that word here... but I just did!!

So glad you were able to take the day and just spend it thinking about your Mom. We all need days like that... Dad has been gone for almost 2 years and I still have days like that.... only now they come farther apart. Know I am thinking of you... Love, Sharon

PS. I have a shirt of his I keep in my closet and at times it is the only thing that makes me feel extra close to him.

Yeah, it sucks and yeah, I don't think Rick has limited our use of that word :lol: Sharyn.

My brother and SF are moving out this weekend and he does not want to take anything that reminds him of her-it's so weird to me bc I want her to be all around me, you know? I have not allowed anyone to disturb her room. Other than the bed being gone, it is exactly the same. It is supposed to be our study and we'll make it that one of these days, but not yet. I snuggle her pillows, wore her pj's yesterday, anything to keep her close to me.

My mom was such a cool person. I just miss her and always will. Thanks for being here guys...I know yu all understand.

You know, Lori. I had an argument with my husband today because he was taking my father's lawn mower to be repaired, and he didn't take it to the place my Daddy always took it to. How dumb is that? I literally argued with him and told him that I made all the decisions regarding my father's stuff. I know it's dumb, but I'm so protective over his stuff right now. I made Daddy a promise to take care of things, and by gosh, I'm going to do it. :) I guess it's all a part of the grieving process.

Oh Lori, I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could do for you. You and your mom were such best friends. Not only did you lose your mom, but you lost your best friend too. I pray that God gives you peace during this rough time.

Blessings,

Jen