If You Could Get a Ticket To Heaven.....

Donna

if i had a day in heaven I also would ask our creator about his purpose for my life and what i should do with the rest of my time here on earth cuz i feel like there is a great reason for it all. Then i would sit on a beautiful sunny beach with a huge glass of ice coffee and a really good book surrounded by all the people who are important to me and we would all know just the right things to say to each other and there would never be a mention of cancer of any kind.

Donna,

I plan to spend more than one day there, but if I had one day there and was coming back after, I would ask God what more I can do to spread his word on earth and what could I do to help people with cancer. I do feel that my cancer is answer to prayer, but at times I do not know what to say to people who are hurting so bad.

Stay positive,

Ernie

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 2 Peter 3:8

..... so, LCSC doesn't have enough disc storage space to define my day. One thing for sure, once I get there, it would take every angel in Heaven to physically force me to come back.

Love,

Peggy

Every morning I wake up feeling like I am in heaven.I do the best I can to shrug off any aches and pains.Then each day I make the most of everything I do and every where I go and enjoy to the utmost.

As for the real deal spending a day in heaven I would figure out how to get back here any time I want to so as to check on my family and friends.I have already warned my family I will always be near and will still be watching over them all.

Before the day is over I am going to play 18 holes of golf with God and have a great one on one with him.

I'd visit with my family, and tell them to save room for me. I'd ask God just a couple of questions, including what I can do better here. Mostly I'd hug my dad, and ask if he had really been able to see me all these years, and if I made him proud (without sounding like an American Idol song).

:) Kelly

The first thing I would do is ask if I could take a long walk with God.... I would want to know why there is such suffering here on earth and the purpose behind it all.

:cry:

Then I would spend every remaining second with my Daddy. I would share all that is in my heart with him, although, I think he already knows. Lastly, I would ask God to give me a moment with the many in my family who have gone before me. This is a very emotional question... for now I am crying... didn't think answering this would hurt so bad....

My thoughts on Heaven are. I picture a large table, like the one we had so many holidays..There sit all my friends and family, laughing, eating their favorite foods and God just sitting there laughing and answering all my questions..

I picture HIM to have a beautiful face with blue eyes and the most comforting smile..Just like the movie, King Of Kings..

I would be happy I was able to spend one day there to know all my loved ones were ok, as God promised!!

I would then return to Earth and spread God's word and tell every one to make peace because Heaven is just like we pictured it to be!!

Thanks so much for all the beautiful answers..

Love,

Donna :wink:

Wow what a question!! I think once i got to heaven i would be so over whelmed with GOD's presence and love and the very idea of being in his light that my only thought's and feeling's would be how much i do not deserve being with him and feeling all his love. And because of all this knowing beyond any doubt that my friend's and loved one's are in perfect happiness, and being able to leave after only one day i know that would be terrible but just......

• 7 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been around for a while and I don't know how I missed this post. I would ask the Lord why bad things happen to good people. Death may not necessarily be a bad event for the person experiencing it however, survivor grief is horrific. Why must death remain a mystery?

I choose to believe that life is seasonal. All that is old becomes new again, like leaves on a tree. One hundred years from now we will all be long gone and forgotten. Hopefully this board will be to as cancer will cease to exist.