Stuck in a temporary Rut

RandyW

I think I am fighting a bout of depression. Do not worry, it should pass in a month or 2 after the holidays are over. every body gets to be happy except me and no one understands how hard this is right now :cry: It is hard to put into perspective and I know there are many here in the same boat as me. THe meltdowns are more frequent now and I fear this will get worse before it gets better. What gives people the right to say "Cheer Up and Be happy!!" I feel like Ebeneezer Scrooge at Christams right now. I just want to rain on the Macys day Parade. I Love the Macys day parade though.

Anyway, just felt a little relief and this Link is for anyone who feels the same way right now. Might make you Cry but will pick you up when you see it click below to be redirected

http://inspiringthots.net/movie/letter-heaven.php

Prayers, Hugs, and WARM Blankets for everyone today. THANKS EVERYBODY

I won't tell you to cheer up and be happy, Randy. For I know too well what the holidays can be like without someone with whom to share them. BUT...................I do have a very FLUFFY warm blanket right out of the dryer that is just for you. Yep!!!! It is just for you. It smells so nice too. For today at least, how about just snuggling in it and view that very comforting video again.

I am sorry for all who will find the holidays difficult this year. No words can make it better, but I am supporting you in spirit.

Kasey

Randy,

I understand and I'm relying on God's support to give me a joy that passes all understanding. I do have many moments of both joy and sadness, but know I will make it, as will you...one day at a time and one moment at a time.

This really sucks! Pass the warm blankets, Kasey! We need 4 at this house. Take care everyone.

I am sorry, I hope you feel better soon :( That is why I hate the holidays.

I was in Court this week, opposing counsel said "don't you love the holidays?". I said "no". He said "why?". I said "I have so many friends from my website who have lost their loved ones, the holidays are just a reminder for them, who needs it.". He looked at me in shock and then said "I never thought of it that way, I suppose you are right.".

Yeah, the holidays just aren't what they use to be... Sad that they will never be the same again. What use to be my favorite time of the year, has turned into a time of great reflection on what was. And I am sure that I am not alone when I say "everytime I hear that song I'll Be Home for Christmas".... it just rips me apart!!!!!!! But... we are strong... we will link our arms and our hearts and we will get through this!!!! Love you all, Sharon

Randy,

I hope this funk passes soon for you. If it continues, make sure you talk to your doctor about it. You don't have to go through this alone you know. We are all here for you whenever you need us to help boost you up.

I know the first season of holiday's for me was so hard. I just tried to keep myself so busy I did not have time to think. I also made it a point to have lots of people around. The other thing I did was not focus so much on traditions that had been but starting doing what felt right for me at the time. If that meant letting go of some of the old traditions, then so be it. I did what I had to do to survive.

You are such an inspiration to so many. I have to thank you for all you have done so far and all you will do in the future for all of us here. Thank you!!

Love and hugs,

Shirleyb

Glad you came here to talk about it. Sometimes that really helps. I hated the holidays for YEARS after my dad died.

My husband and I started dating in Nov many moons ago, and he started a 'holiday overhaul' plan on me--everything from egg nog, to old movies, even to Christmas CrunchBerries cereal, if I remember correctly. Point it, he helped me cope with my downer times, and replace some of it with new memories. It was the first year I was able to think forward instead of just thinking about what I was missing. I think I was finally ready for that.

Until then, we are all here for you. Pop in "Scrooged", and I'll bring the pop corn.

:) Kelly

Randy, I didn't like the holidays for various reasons, before my husband came into my life. He made it better for me. Now I don't have him here and the holidays will be difficult.

Your link is beautiful, the hardest part for me is that my husband was agnostic so I don't know or can comprend where he is at.

You take care of yourself.

Adela

((((Randy)))),

I've never been a fan of holidays at all. We stopped "doing" Christmas years ago and just took the whole family away on vacation every year. Expensive, but saved my sanity. Since Tony has been sick we haven't been able to go away and the dreaded holiday season is again upon us... I can already feel the stress mounting. Maybe it was because my Grandmother, Mother, and brother-in-law all died right before Christmas. I guess I've been a Scrooge my whole life! Hope you can gut it through this year. I'm so sorry you are down.

Welthy