Back from vacation

TracyD

It has been a long couple of days. We got back from St. Maarten around midnight on wednesday, slept a bit, and then right back to the regular schedule.

St. Maarten is absolutely beautiful. We stayed on the french side which is very quiet and has lots of great restaurants. For seven days we relaxed on the beach, ate and drank, and then did it all over again. It went by much too fast.

Today I had scans, don't really have a feeling as to how they are going to be. My breathing has been just fine, but some aches and pains that I thought had disappeared seem to be back on and off. I won't get the results until 12/11, at which time I will either start Avastin, or be moving on to plan C, whatever that is.

I'm glad the holidays are coming as I can throw myself into decorating and baking and hopefully forget about scan results for a while.

It's good to be back.

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

Welcome back. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. It sounded just delightful. :D

I can't believe that it is Dec already, came much too fast this year.

good luck with your scans. Hoping all is well.

Maryanne :wink:

Tracy,

It sounds like you had a great time. I’ll keep you in prayer about your scans. I was wondering if there is anything we can do about the long wait for results. I had scans on November 1st and my Oncologist appointment was on the 15th. So my wife called and had them move my appointment up to the 6th. Then I had an appointment at 2:30 pm on the 1st with my pulmonary doctor. I really did not want to hear from him if the scans were bad, because he does not have the best way of saying things. When I went into the office the nurse asked me if I had any recent test. Knowing that they would not be ready I said yes. She called and got the scans, just like that. Fortunately they were good and I was much relieved that I did not have to wait. My point is they can have the results in hours. I would think doctors could schedule a scan the day before an appointment and save us that waiting period. I don’t know about you but the waiting is not my favorite pass time. I am going to ask next time and see where it gets me. What do you think?

Stay positive, :lol:

Ernie

Try to stay distracted and I'll be praying you get good results. I hate that I can't even have a backache or sore shoulder for an hour without worrying that it's cancer.

I'm with Ernie though, about getting results quickly. At Mayo Scottsdale, I get my scans and my onc. appt. on the same day with the results. I'm so glad I don't have to wait, or I'd be crazy(er). Maybe you could ask about something like Ernie suggested next time.

Tracy,

I'm praying for good scans for you.

I'm so glad you are having some great vacations. I have not been on vacation since summer of 2005, although my husband just went on vacation by himself. :(

St. Maarten must have really been nice. I'm hoping and praying that I can go to sicily in July, that is a huge goal for me.

Anyhow, enjoy the hustle/bustle of christmas, I'm sure your house is like mine, a million things to do to get ready with three kids in the house. I have so many gifts to buy still.. yuck

Hugs

Lilly