Update on T Bones

Flo Bones

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting back with everyone but Terry decided to take a break. Terry completed chemo/radiation on March 16. According to the PET/CT Scan the tumor has shrunk significantly on his treahea and we are very thankful for that; however, a spot was located on his right adrenal gland. Right now we are in between treatment waiting to take another CT Scan to move forward (more aggresive treatment of chemo). We both are feeling a little anxiety about that. His energy level is up some days and down other days. Overall, he is doing fine and gaining his weight back...yipppe!! Thank you all for your continous support.

Question: Terry is curious about some of the side effect of chemo at a higer does.

Flo Bones

I had a stonger dose of chemo after my surgery. Before surgery I had a lower dose of weekly chemo because I was having daily radiation at the time. I never got sick nor lost my hair. After surgery the chemo was stronger and my hair fell out after the first infusion. I had two infusions in total after surgery. I also had a lot of bone pain. The miseries kick in about the second day after chemo and last about three days. It is important to drink plenty of water during that time because you do not want to become dehydrated. I hope that the spot on his adrenal gland turns out to be nothing and that he can continue on to surgery and healing. I continue to keep TBones and his wife in my prayers.

Carol

Flo, you just asked a question I was about to post. Just went thru 37 rad treatments along with weekly chemo. Went to onc yesterday which was suppose to be my last chemo and he wants to give me 2 week break and infuse 2 more high doses of taxotere alone. one in 2 weeks and another 3 weeks after. He said studies have shown that this type of treatment gives a better outcome, so I said lets go for it. I too am anxious about it as Ive done fairly well through it all, he did tell me my luck of keeping my hair was

proberly not last that I would problem thin or loose all my hair. (And I just got hi-lites :( )But tell T-bone he and I will get through the side effects and be just fine....

Good to finally hear from you guys!!!!! That shrinnkage sound great to me, and hopefully the new chemo will knock that other spot back. After a brief respite, I am confidnet you both will be ready to kick some cancer butt. Good luck with it!

Kasey