What Could It Be???

needhope

Okay...

So for the last few weeks I have begun to feel somewhat normal. My dad has been doing fine. He got his results from his CT scan last Monday that showed his tumors were stable. He's been carrying on with life as usual. On Sunday he sung at two Church services with his choir and he also sung with them at a program on Friday. We went out to eat on Sunday so everything was well.

I go to see him today and he is laying down. He's sniffling and saying that he can feel the phlegm in his chest. Yesterday, he went to the store and had to pull over because he felt like he was going to black out. He came home and experienced dizziness before vomiting. For the last two days, his breating has become more labored and he gets tired when climbing the stairs. What could this be a symptom of? His CT scan showed no progression.

I am so down right now because this is the first time I have seen him "sick" (has had no adverse reactions to chemo besides losing hair) since his diagnosis. I'm praying hard that this isn't serious and is cleared up very soon.

Rochelle

Hi

If he hasn't had a brain scan yet he should have for the dizzziness and black outs. Shortness of breath could also cause this - and the shortness of breath if not progression from tumour growth as you had positive results could possibly be a pneumonia or some kind of infection. Last possibility may be low red cell counts - hemoglobins - or anxiety - get ativan. Just some suggestions..Hope this all clears up for you. Heather

This could be something minor or it could be something very serious. I would make a phone call and find some peace of mind. When dealing with cancer, you have to report everything that pops up, good or bad. So much can happen in just a short period of time. If this were me, I would make a phone call ASAP.

Thanks for the replies.

My mother took my dad to the hospital and he is there right now as I am typing this. He received a pneumonia shot a few months ago so the doctors don't believe that it is pneumonia. They have done a chest x-ray and are doing a CAT scan to see if he has a blood clot. They have given him medication and oxygen and his breating is less labored now. They are going to keep him until they find out what the problem is. I am hoping this is only a bump in the road. :?

Please keep us in your prayers!

Rochelle