Dads test results

palves

Looks like there continues to be growth.

He will come off of the Alimta and start on Tarceva.

I'm nervous as I'm starting to feel like we are starting to run out of options if the Tarceva doesn't work. I hope it works. I need him to stay strong at least to see his grandson become a bar mitzvah the end of January.

Paula

Paula,

Sorry about the progression. This stinks. I know how you feel about running out of options -- we are edging into that territory too. Alimta barely held it stable, so Tony is continuing to receive it. Has your Dad done Navelbine? That worked for 19 weeks for my husband and he loved it because it didn't knock him out like some of the others.

He's also going to do Avastin/Taxol next after Alimta. Then the Doc says irinotecan and maybe erbitux will be approved by that time. Hang in there!!

Good luck on the Tarceva. I dearly hope it works for your Dad.

Warm regards,

Welthy

So sorry for your dad's results. I could imagine your dissapointment. But Iam sure they will try something else. There are so many treatmenst out there. They will find one that will work. Never give up hope!!

Hang strong,

Maryanne