I hate Waiting!. . . . UPDATE. . .8/14

fillise

Mom had her 3 months scan on Thursday and sees the oncologist for results tomorrow. I'm unable to concentrate on work today. I told myself that I wouldn't get as stressed out as I did in May. Mom said that too, but yesterday Dad told me she was pretty anxious--then she told me she wasn't anxious, but that HE was. Sheesh. Can't we all just admit we are anxious.

Hello, I'm Susan and I'm anxious. . .

The thing is that deep in my heart, I think we are going to hear that her tumor is stable, but I still want to hear it!

AARRGGHH!

Susan

UPDATE--GOOD NEWS! The tumor is stable, or "quiet" as the oncologist called it. She is going to have a bone scan next week to make sure all the spine and hip mets have been cleared up and if that is as good as he thinks it is, she gets to continue her break until JANUARY!!!!!

Thanks for all your support and prayers. Now we get to live life for a few months. I hope we remember how. :D

Susan

Go to your happy place. :D

When the old anxiety hits, I see myself at a Y in the road. One branch is bright and sunny, the other is dark and scary. I will not, will not, will not go down that scary path (I say over and over)

The other thing I do is tell myself I will NOT give cancer one more minute of my time. It has taken too much already.

AND the scans are done--it is what it is--

:wink: Now, i say all this as i am waiting for my polyp results. :wink:

gail

I bet all of us relate to what you are saying, Susan. I remember a good friend of many of us here at LCSC who put it this way: I allow myself to worry, wallow, stress, whatever for only SO long ~ then I put it away, for there is nothing else that can be done about it. For me ~ that is something much easier said than done. But it's worth a try. Can't wait to hear that wonderful word........S-T-A-B-L-E!!!!!!!

Waiting just stinks. It is cruel and unusual punishment! I was just asking my 6 week year old boy if he could be a radiologist and open a practice where people get scan results right away. He said "bock", not sure if that was a yes or a no.

Looking forward to hearing good news.