Wedding Favor Donation

rmm17

Hi Everyone!

I lost my Mom is SCLC in December and i just got engaged a few weeks ago. I know my Mom would be so excited! I am just sad that she is not here to share it with us. I want to do something special for her at my wedding without making it sad. I was thinking of donating to a Lung Cancer specific charity in lieu of wedding favors. Do you have any suggestions of charities. Do you think guests will find it offensive? I was thinking would would just put little cards on the table letting our guests know. What do you think?

I can think of no better way to honor your mom on your special day, Rochelle. And big CONGRATULATIONS to you on your engagement!!! I do believe your mom is sharing in your joy. Donating to a cause in her memory would be totally appropriate. I'm sure all of us here will recommend LUNGevity for the donations.

Do come back and tell us of the details. We love happy news here!!!! Good to 'see' you again!

Kasey

I think that is a beautiful idea. You can also do an online registry. Instead of listing stores you can list Lung Cancer Organizations-like LUNGevity and others that people may send their 'gifts' to. Since the gifts are going to recognized organizations they most likely will also be tax deductible. You can add info to your registry or cards. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D:D:D

Carol

congrats adn Lungevity is the only one that is 100% towards LC research. ACSfunds every one Cancer related. again CONGATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! :D:):lol::):D

congratulations! For my wedding that's what I did. Call LUNGevity...you can tell them this is what you want to do- they are so nice- any amount you donate is fine- tell them what you want your card to say and they will print out as many as you want and send them to you. This is the best favor you can have at your wedding and I am sure your mom will be looking over you with a huge smile. If you need any help with this pm me. Good luck!!

Rochelle,

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals! My niece got married over the summer and did the same thing. Her father, my brother has lung cancer and the groom's mother and grandmother are both breast cancer survivors. I thought it was a beautiful gesture, and no one seemed offended. Go ahead and make your mother proud!

God Bless,

Sharon

Rochelle, first off, it is great to see you. I've thought of you often and your brothers.

Second, congrats on the engagement. I know it is hard not having your mom here but I am sure she is thrilled for you.

I think your favor idea is awesome. It wouldn't be offensive. If they are a guest at your wedding. They SHOULD get it. If they don't too bad...they must be half cyborg!

Lungevity

I-ELCAP (International Early Lung Cancer Action Program)

Lung Cancer Alliance (more lobbying than anything else)

Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy