GONE!!!!!!!!!!

Geri

Not long after I last posted my daughter came over (so nice to have her close enough for this) and we went to work to stop the shed.

To be sure I wasn't being premature I went outside while she was on her way and pulled handfuls out..........okay it was time :shock::lol:

Yet again with this cancer crap half of the problems we encounter are not the cancer itself but with the cure. Once Karen had cleaned up all the stray wiskers we went for a walk through our new neighborhood (she's moved here too), baseball cap on through the sunny bits and bald-faced (groan!) prickly through the shady parts.

So, yet again my pity party was for naught. As soon as I looked in the mirror I recognized the look and it didn't measure up to the dread.

I guess I just needed to feel sorry for myself for a few days and now we can move on. I can't say that I'm thrilled with this but when I go back to VT tomorrow there are people who will instantly recognize me even if they've not seen me for a long time!!

Thanks for all your support, I knew when I came here that you'd all prop me up until I could get it together.

You're all the best.

Geri

Geri,

I hear you! My hair was growing back nicely and it was just long enough to be styled. Then of course my cancer started to grow and I started a new chemo, and my hair started to fall out all over again. But it wasn't as bad as the first time. And I, like you have accepted it easier this time. It's just hair right? It will grow back! Hang in there and stay strong!

God Bless,

Sharon

We were just talking about this subject in my In Person Support Group, if losing our hair the second time is any easier then the first? Those that lost there hair twice said, it was harder for them the second time around.

This cancer journey just sucks! ((((GERI))))

Glad your feeling better.

Geri, for me I think it was a reality check, sure we know we have cancer but when the hair falls out and we pass a mirror it is a reminder that even though we feel good (before treatments aches and pains emerge) we are reminded that, Hey this is for real and I avoided mirrors for along time, but then it was like bald is beautiful, and as stated above it is our look of courage. Hold that head up high.