my loving grandad

hellokitty

i am such a grandads girl and it killed me today to find out he has lung cancer and starts chemo next week. i rele dnt know how to deal with this i just want to cry all the time and i cnt start to imagine my life without him.

i need sum1 to talk to who knows wot im going through who is not family related. i know i have to be strong but its so hard when all i want to do is curl up and cry every 5 mins. this is the first day and i feel as though im never goin to be able to cope with this heartbreaking news

I can relate to how you feel. I am also the baby in my family, but I'm a daddys girl instead. I cannot tell you how to feel, but what I can tell you is that the fact they are starting chemo means that there is a chance, which is better that nothing. I also feel like curling up and crying all day long, but what I have found is that my loved ones find strength in my ability to show strength. Please give yourself time to grieve and do not be afraid to show sorrow, but remember, your Grandad will love to see you smile and the sound of your laughter is better than any modern medicine. I am always around to talk to or to scream at. My love and thoughts to you and your family.

So sorry about your grandfather hellokitty and your father vjackman. I also have a very close relationship with my grandkids and they are my biggest worry thru all of this. I just dont want my kids and grandkids to hurt if the cancer should come back. But if there would be no hurt that would mean that there was no love and I wouldnt give up all that love for all the tea in china.Im not very good with words but i think you get what I mean. My prayers go out for the both of you and your grandad and father. Mike

I can relate to you. I to am a grandad's girl. My grandpa raised me since I was 4 & now I am taking care of him. He has stage 3. It is ok to cry & you will do it. I can tell you the exact date & time we were told that he had the cancer. This has been the hardest thing in the world to watch & do, but you will be an inspiration to him. Stay Strong & make many memories with him. I will be praying for ya'll. Brandy

I joined here just about a month ago, as my mum was diagnosed with cancer. I was falling apart and still am to be honest. But this group has helped a bit, because people here can answer alot of questions that I had and they all offer so much great support.

Take care and hope your grandad is ok

Michelle