Still can't believe it

Amy P

Hello all -

I don't know if anyone remembers me or not as it has been a very long time since I have posted even though I do visit on occasion to check in on everyone.

After an 6.5 year battle interspersed with 3 years of NED and then an amazing response to Iressa which lasted another 3 years, Mom passed away on Aug 10th.

I miss her so much these days as I just had daughter #3 (the other 2 are 9 & 10)a couple of days before she entered hospice care so needless to say the past couple of months have been pretty emotional but I am getting through it with the help of a supportive husband and counseling.

I continue to keep everyone associated with this disease in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to pray for a cure.

Much Love,

Amy P

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, and your Family at this time. I am sorry to hear this news. I do remember some of your posts also. This is a new normal for us and it does take time to adjust to and get used to. Just let the emotions run free for a while. One thing that I always recommend is that you go outside at night and have aa talk with your loved one,, in this case your mom. TEll her what kind of day you are having, how the kids are doing, WHat Husband did today and so on. It really does help.

THoughts and prayers agaain..

Amy,

I am so very sorry. There are a few of us here on this board who lost our moms when we were pregnant or had just given birth recently. I know how painful it is to have a brand new baby while mourning the loss of your dearest mom. There are so many layers of loss and grief.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you tonight...many hugs, too. Love those little ones and let them help you heal...