Glad I found this place...

DawnB

Hi, all

My sweet Mom was recently diagnosed with IIIa adenocarcinoma.

So I moved in with my parents. It seemed kind of like a no-brainer - I'm 32, single, no children, and I was renting while waiting for my new house to be built. I can help Dad with Mom's care, and with the housekeeping that now seems so unimportant.

Anyway, of course I wish that I had no reason to be here, but I'm glad that I found LCSC.

Dawn,

You will find a lot of hope here and I'm glad you found us. The initial diagnosis is so hard to hear but many of us are doing well. I was diagnosed one year ago and here I am still feeling good and living life to the fullest. Take heart in the fact that there are so many here who understand what you are going through. Come here with any questions and I will put in a prayer for your dear mom.

Take Care,

Rachel

I am very happy I found this place. I have been on the internet searching for a site that is active and that may help. I lost my mom to stage 3B non-small cell lung cancer on August 18th, 2007. She was diagnosed in October 2006. Mom was only 68 years old. I am 29 years old, and have lost my best friend. However, I have not had much time to grieve. I have had this overwhelming feeling to take care of my Dad since Mom died. He is absoloutly devastated. I want to take his pain away. I hate thinking of him in that house all alone. My Dad has always been very quite. He keeps to himself. My Mom was the only person he really talked to. Now he is by himself everyday. When does the pain start to subside? Does it ever?

Welcome, Dawn -- and Kate too! I believe you'll find this site far different from any Internet group you've known before. It will soon become part of your family. Ask anything you like (there are no dumb questions), and even though you're new to the site, you're not new to life, so never hesitate to offer your comments to others.

For Kate, many others here can answer your question better than I, but I think many will say that while the pain changes with time, it never goes away, and you may become a better person because of it.

Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Hi Dawn (and Kate) Welcome to this wonderful source of hope, support and answers. I'm so sorry that you need to be here but I am very glad you found us. This site and the very special people here have been so helpful to me. I'm glad you can be there with your mom right now. It never hurts to have an extra set of ears at the Dr.s appointments. Good luck! Shelley

Dawn--Welcome! Yur mother's cancer is very treatable. If someone tells you it isn't, RUN, don't walk to another doctor. Your parents are very luck to have to to help them out.

Kate--I'm glad you found us too. We offer support for ALL stages of this diesease. And the grieving stage is one of the most important.

Susan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just wanted to pop in with a very belated "thank you" to all of you for your kind words.

Mom is doing well with her treatment so far, having minimal side effects, really going on with her life pretty much as usual (though with more naps).

Thanks again to everyone who participates in this community!

Hello Dawn and Welcome,

Just wanted to let you know that I was also staged 3A. I had 6 weeks of chemo and radiation. Then I had surgery, an upper right lobectomy. Then I had two more sessions of chemo after surgery, they call that adjuvant chemo. My surgery was on July 1, 2005. I have had clean scans since. I went back to work teaching high school at the end of August 2005 and I plan to keep my original plan to retire in June 2008. Life is good!

Carol