Scar

blaze100

Does your scar feel like a creepy piece of duct tape stuck to your back? I am so sick of it. It's been 7 years of stretching and breathing deep in yoga classes - You'd think it would be gone by now - but NO.

ARGGGGG - I HATE MY SCAR

And just once I wish I could take a big death breath like I used to. I give up. :cry::cry::cry:

Barb

I know the feeling....especially when i raise my arm.

Almost feels like the whole side is stretching to tight.Most annoying is every once and awhile I get a sharp pain down the cut line. Makes me crazy..and I dont need any help doing that...so i will second hating the scar.

dave

Duct tape is a good description, Barb. Only thing is that my scar is not on my back. I had quite an unusual surgery, so my scar begins at my Adam's apple down the center of my chest then continues directly under my right breast around to my side. Now that is some duct tape. And talk about a bra bothering it!!!!! Bra is exactly on the scar :twisted: ! Bothers me all the time! I, too, miss deep breathing, although I can still gert some of those breaths, just not as consistently as before. I guess that is TMI for most, but you hit me on a day that it is overly bothersome. Felt good to get it out there! Thanks for the opportunity.

Sorry, Barb, I guess this is the way it is, huh? I suppose it's a grin and bear it thing :? .

Kasey

Yes, the scar does bother me from time to time. I think it was the numbness and the feeling that a box was inside the right side of my chest that bothered me the most. For the most part I am able to take the deep breaths. You know Blaze, when I read your post the thing that stood out to me was SEVEN YEARS. Now that gives so much hope to me.

Take care and hope you feel better.

Carol

My lung scar goes from under my left breast around my said to the middle of my back. My open hear goes down the center of my chest starting at the bottom of my neck and goes about 9 inches down. I have to say I am SOOOOO LUCKY to not have had any MAJOR scar pain issues. Now and then I get it in my neck area, but never where they took my lung out. I do get a nerve now and then that acts up, but that's it for me.

I was told to take your finger-tips and go in small circles over and over around your scar area (rub lightly is little circles) so the wall doesn't attach to your rib, will help with the pain some. They told a few people this when I was in Rehab for Pulmonary.

BUMMER! The price we pay to stay alive! :roll::wink::D I guess I can't complain to bad, I got 12+ years so far and hopefully am still counting! :wink:

Maybe it is the cold rainy weather. I just giveup though.

This morning I went to yoga class as usual and did the triangle, the plank, the assana whatevers and the pain was always there. I thought if I did enough yoga, then it would get better....but it isn't. It is feels like a big leach attached to my back and then down around to my front.

I've been blocking the pain all this time, thinking that I can tough it out - hoping that one day things will be normal again.....

Barb

Thank you Barb for your duct tape description. I don't have an lc scar but the recent bc surgery under my arm has left me with the same numbness and 'taped' feeling that you've all agreed on.

I've been trying to find a way to describe it all summer and duct tape around my upper arm and across my side hit it on the head.

Finally I can tell Richard how crappy my arm feels in a way he can understand......now where did he put that duct tape (or better still the gorilla tape) I think I'll show him instead :lol::lol:

Geri

"scman"] Most annoying is every once and awhile I get a sharp pain down the cut line...

I get that occasionally, especially when exercising. The most recent time was about 10 days ago, just before I started Tarceva. I figured it was a little twitch that would go away like the others, but after a couple of days it became slightly sore continuously even if I wasn't moving. So I looked at my back in the mirror and was surprised to see a big ugly patch of bright red bumps just below my thoracotomy incision. First thought was insect bites, but I couldn't find any illustrations online that matched. Then I got a couple around toward the front, showed my wife, and she said "shingles!" I said "naw, can't be, everybody I've known who's had shingles said it was really painful!" When more appeared on the back I got our family doc's office to work me into the schedule. He said "shingles!" Gave me a prescription for Valtrex. He thinks one reason it doesn't hurt that much is that I'm already on Neurontin for the neuropathy.

I wonder if Katie would allow us to have a "My Scar" photo contest?? :P

Aloha,

Ned

I wonder if Katie would allow us to have a "My Scar" photo contest?? :P

Aloha,

Ned

Oh Ned I gotta tell you, I look like a road map. You would get lost trying to figure out what scar is for what on my torso. :roll::lol: But, I'm still here!

I'm so lucky, blessed, etc., etc., to have never had any of that scar pain. I know many who have it.

Blaze....a little over 3 yrs for me and I still get pain now and then....and oh man!..when I yawn...I have to stop in the middle of the yawn...go figure...Did you ever try stopping in the middle of a yawn...hahaha...geeezzzz ...but hey...if that's the price we have to pay...I'd say we got a bargain...

ha...hugs...Nonni

Hey Nonni,I had to try that yawn before you even asked, and the yawn didn't bother me. :) Do you ever itch a spot on the tummy and it feels like you are itching your back? Creepy feeling. :)

Scar photo contest, I say yes. Maybe we could make them part of our profiles. Mine is very smooth arc - no corners or no jags. :) Sounds like we would loose to Connie though.

Barb