Living with Lung Cancer…

dadstimeon

There is no magic bullet, a right/wrong way or one pill cures all when it comes to lung cancer. Everyone is different, views things differently and approaches things differently. What keeps me going is my wife, daughter, best friend, family/friends, doctors/nurses and this board who have been here for me no matter what. Through all of life’s ups and downs I still see light at the end of the tunnel. We live in a day-to-day world where (TV, Newspapers, Internet etc) more is focused on tragedy/the negative side of life yet the positive side still far out ways the negative. Being on the board for over 4 years we have had our share of tragedies but we also have had our share of triumphs. I do pray and hope that the newcomers who have joined us regardless weather one believes in a higher authority, fate, luck, the stars or call it what one wants to-- that there are members here that have been cured of lung cancer, members here living a active life with lung cancer for many years after there prognoses and members here that battled lung cancer with courage, pride and dignity regardless of the outcome. We all have to face adversity through life from the moment we are born but it sure does make that adversity a lot easier thanks to all the wonderful members (patient, caregiver, family, friends) here who offer so much caring, sharing, support and hope. As long as there is life there is hope!

God Bless Everyone,

Rich

Rich,

If I looked up "optimist" in the dictionary, I KNOW your picture would be there. Thanks for sharing those beautiful words. Yes, there is a lot of hope when it comes to lung cancer cures. Let's all hold on to those positive thoughts!! Thanks for your post. Ellie

Rich,

This is a wonderful post. It says it all. I hope all new members read this because it speaks volumes about the journeys, traveled here. I would also like to take this time to tell you , Rich, what a gift you are to us. I believe in a higher power whom I choose to call "God" and it is my belief that he put you not just on a journey , but on a "mission". A "mission" to bring an important message in life to us all. Thank you , Rich and God Bless you.

Love,

Sue

Rich-

It was nice of you to take the time to encourage others in the midst of everything you are going through yourself. We all approach this journey we're on in various ways but here we all come together and we stick together. Thanks for all you do here and off the boards as well.

Rochelle