One lungers

beatlemike

Hi folks,I was just wondering if any of you get a slight pain in your upper arm like someone slugged your arm? Sometimes the pain goes up toward the neck a little.I just had xray amonth ago and it looked good.My next onco visit and ct scan is in late dec. I keep thinking its just the way i slept on it but there is always that slight worry that you know who has returned.Its on the side of my remaining lung.Thanks Mike

I have pain in both my upper arms.....caused by cervical stenosis. I, too, worried it could be "LC" AGAIN, but seems I have yet another problem. It involves my neck and sort of across my shoulders then down the arms. Not sure if this helps or not. I think chemo and radiation can exacerbate conditions that previously were not that big a deal.

Kasey

Mike,

I had my left lung removed and I can't say that I have had arm pain that you are describing. Of course, I have had many weird pains over the years that bring the anxiety back into my life.

I hope that your problem is found to be nothing but a sore muscle/sleeping issue.

Wendy

Mike I had no surgery but do experience some pains like you and Kasey described ... my Onc said some of it is caused my "residual radiation" damage. They have put me on Lyrica to see if it will decrease the pain my next PET is schedule in January. Until then I just pray that it is ONLY radiation damage or even arthritis. Best to you and keep us updated please.

Mike,

My husband Vic had a thoracotomy 13 months ago and has

similar pain. We deal with it at least every few weeks.

I don't think that "you know who" is returning for you...It could easily be nerve damage, etc. from surgery.

Please tell me if you are ever coming up to Omaha. I'll try to meet you for lunch or dinner. :)

Mary Colleen