New here

sweetiegirl

Hello

I am new to this site. I recently lost my stepfather to SCLC. My mother was newly dx with NSCLC. She had a lobectomy on her lower left side and was staged at a 1b. She elected to take chemo. She finished her chemo with some small complications. I am so worried about reocurrance. She is my everything. I can't imagine my life with out her. I hate seeing her this way. Always worried and scared. Shes the one that has always been there for me and I feel helpless. She needs me to take away that fear but I just can't find the words. SO sorry to go on like this im my very first letter :oops: . Hugs and prayers to all

Hi Sweetgirl and welcome.It sounds to me like her cancer was caught very early and she has a good chance of beating it.You and your mother have a lot to be hopeful for. I dont know if the fear of recurrance ever goes away completely but it does get a lot better with time.I hope you both keep coming here for help and support. There are many here that are willing to answer your questions and help you along.My prayers are with you both. Mike

Sweetiegirl please feel welcome here. We have walked this journey and understand. I am so happy your Mom's doctor gave her chemo. Is she still on it? Getting that just in case some little nasty cell was on the loose really decreases the chance of it showing up again. Please keep us posted.

Donna G

Hello and welcome

I am so very sorry about your stepfather. Please accept my condolences.

So very sorry you are dealing with cancer again with your Mom. It does sound like hers was caught early and that is a plus!

Please continue to post, perhaps fill in your profile so people can see your Mom's treatment history etc and let us know how we can help.

Warmly

Christine

Hi Sweetie

So very sorry to hear about you dad and now your mom. It does seem, however, that your mom's was caught very early. You will read in others profiles how theirs was caught early and have been a survivor for many, many years.

Please keep us updated on her progress and know that everyone on this forum is here for you.

Patti B.

Welcome! The fear is one of the hardest things to cope with--I'm sure you remember that with your stepfather. The good news is that they caught it early enough she could have surgery, which gives the best chance for cure. As time passes and you get some good scans under your belt, you will get the fear under control. Until then, remember that every day you live in fear, you are letter the disease win. We NEVER let the disease win!

Susan

Hello Sweetiegirl and welcome! I can understand your fear of recurrence. Everyone worries about that. I'm not sure the worry ever ends, but it becomes less and less with time. Many people staged at 1b don't have a recurrence. I did, but went through the whole surgery/chemo thing again and have been cancer "free" since the second surgery. Even surgery and chemo a second time isn't as scary as the first - much easier to handle. I don't think I worry any more now than I did between the surgeries. It's really good that your mom chose chemo. I think that reduces her chances of a recurrence. How long ago did she complete chemo?Keep in touch with us.

Muriel

Thank you all for your warm welcome. I have updated my profile so I hope that helps everyone know us a little better. My mom's last chemo was taken in Oct 07. She had a Chest CT in Nov. She had too ask repeatedly for that scan but did get it. She is seeking a second opinion right now. The current Dr found other spots and didn't tell her about them so we felt it was time to find another opinion. Please know that Im here to help all of you as well and look forward to getting to know all of you. Hugs

:)