Overwhelmed

sharyn

I don't really know why I am writing this... I just know I have to share this... A woman who I have known for the past 8 years, died last Sunday of an apparant Heroin overdose. I knew her... I had coffee with her, she was a kind and gentle soul who had three beautiful children ages 6, 9 and 13 - I knew she had demons, I just didn't realize they were of the drug kind. I went to her wake last evening and there she lay, this beaufiful, funny, vivacious woman... her skin was blueish, her hands bruised from needles and her body so bloated and misshappen...it was like something out of a horror film... I knelt next to her casket and instead of praying.... I silently yelled at her... how could she have done this to herself???? It was truly horrific.

I left the funeral home IMMEDIATELY and cried and hyperventilated like NEVER BEFORE. I kept thinking over and over again... people who use drugs should have seen this.... they should see what it does to your body... to your family, to her children who saw there mother for the last time looking like that, as her poor husband was standing there staring at his once gorgeous wife with such sadness in his face. She was only 44 years old....

Dear God I hope she has found peace....

I am so sorry to hear this and I am sure she has dealt with her demons and faced all her fears. Hoping and PRayin you are OK sharyn and that her family is also tonite!

I am sorry that you had to go through this. It is so hard to see a side to people we never knew existed. I hope you can find a way to get that image out of your mind and remember her the way you knew her in the past.

I think to part of the anger is because of a life thrown away when our loved ones faught so hard and still lost the battle. Take care and God Bless

Oh, Sharyn,

It must feel like she did this w/ total disregard for her children, husband and friends.

I am so sorry that you have to feel this.

I am just so sorry.

May she rest in peace and may her children feel her love...........................that I am sure was truly there. Demons are like cancer...............targets are random, no rhyme or reason or fairness.

Hugs

P

((((Sharyn)))) so sad to read your post. With everyone fighting with Camcer to beat this monster, why do healthy people do this to themselves and the hurt they cause others. It does not make sense.

I am so sorry..

Maryanne :cry:

I cannot believe the turn of events this post has taken.... to all of you who offered me your kindness, I say thank you. I was and am hurting and find it abit disturbing that my post stirred the reaction it did.

Addiction is addiction... some addictions are good, some are bad... some can be conquered, some can not, some are legal, some are illegal - THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF MY POST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My post was simply a cry for help and support from people I have become "addicted" too.... Maybe in the next 10 years we will find that sitting in front of a computer for hours a day causes cancer.... hmmm then I guess we are killing ourselves intentionally???? Then I guess my family can say... ahhh she should have known better!! Whatever...

Sharon, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Over the past year, I have seen the destruction the drugs can do to people. My former boss is onlu 35 years old and he has lost everything important in life to drug use. It's such a sad thing when families are destroyed because of these problems. I will be saying a prayer for her family.....and friends.

I am sorry for your pain and the loss of your friend. I hope that as time passes you will be able to forget the body that you last saw at the funeral and remember the loving, beautiful, fun mother, wife and friend that she once was. I will keep you and her family in my prayers Sharon. God bless!

• 2 weeks later...