Aaron Douglas Pollack

Maryanne

http://www.legacy.com/NYTimes/DeathNoti ... =104716518

I found this searching the NY Times. There is a guestbook if you want to send condolences.

I'm so speechless and I'm cried out now. He was so young...28 and never smoked... I'm so proud of his accomplishinments at such a young age.

Rest in peace sweet Aaron.

Maryanne

I found this more detailed obit thanks to Kasey who googled him in.

http://www.thnt.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic ... 0461/1094/

AARON POLLACK, 29, MANHATTAN, N.Y.

Home News Tribune Online 03/2/08

Post a comment. View latest comments.

Aaron Douglas Pollack died Thursday, Feb. 28, 2008, at Barbara E. Cheung Memorial Hospice, Edison.

Mr. Pollack was born on Nov. 25, 1978 in Edison, where he resided until he was 19 years old.

He was an alumnus of J.P. Stevens High School, class of 1996 and went on to receive his Bachelor of Arts degree in Interdisciplinary Studies from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he graduated with highest honors.

In 2005, he graduated from law school at the University of Texas in Austin. Following that, Mr. Pollack was employed as a well respected criminal defense attorney at the Legal Aid Society of New York City.

Family and friends will always remember Aaron's passion for all that life had to offer including music, art, travelling, fine food, and his beloved Mets.

He is survived by his wife, Julia Ellinwood of New York City; his mother, Joanne Pollack of North Brunswick; his father, Richard Pollack of Richmond, Va.; a sister and brother-in-law, Dr. Deborah Pollack and Dr. Malkiel Choseed, of Syracuse, N.Y., as well as many aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends, all of whom will miss him dearly. He will be forever in their hearts.

Funeral services will be held at 11:45 Monday, at Riverside Memorial Chapel, 180 W. 76th St. New York, N.Y. His burial will be immediately following at Franklin Memorial Park, 1800 Route 27, North Brunswick.

The family requests that donations be made to The Aaron Pollack fellowship in Criminal Defense, University of Texas Law School Foundation, 727 East Dean Keeton St., Austin Texas, 78705.

Thank you Maryanne

Aaron will be missed by so many. He was a beacon of strength throughout his time here with us. Like you, I was speechless and shed more than a few tears when I read of his passing. Just too young... so sad and so unfair.

I hate cancer.. hate it hate it hate it.

Christine

this is my favorite Memory of Aaron and also of Julia!! Click on Link to be redirected!!( They did meet at Chapel Hill so !! :wink:

http://www.juliaandaaron.com/

I have this in my Fave List! We wil miss you Aaron, and we are here for Julia whenever you need us!

Guest rlevine

I graduated high school with Aaron. I must say I did not know him. I did a google search because I lost my stepbrother to cancer and was curious what type of cancer Aaron had. It is hard to believe he was afflicted with this and was never a smoker. We are losing so many young people to cancer. I did lose my grandmather to lung cancer almost 24 years ago.

Randi Levine

Lung Cancer is NOT just a smokers Disease! It's so sad that the public associates lung cancer only with smoking!

"rlevine"]I graduated high school with Aaron. I must say I did not know him. I did a google search because I lost my stepbrother to cancer and was curious what type of cancer Aaron had. It is hard to believe he was afflicted with this and was never a smoker. We are losing so many young people to cancer. I did lose my grandmather to lung cancer almost 24 years ago.

Randi Levine

Guest rlevine

I am sorry if I offended anyone. My grandfather was a smoker, be it he quit 20 years before he was diagnosed. I personally have not known a non-smoker with lung cancer. I happen to be quite involved in the childhood cancer community and will admit I am not educated on lung cancer. I was almost six when my grandfather died. You are right, there is not a lot of publicity for lung cancer same as childhood cancers. Most people don't know that young adults and adults can get some forms of childhood cancers. My stepbrother was diagnosed with a childhood cancer at 23. Again sorry if I offended anyone.

Randi Levine

Randi, no offense was taken. I just thought I would offer a little education. More and more people are being dx.d with lung cancer, and many of them are non-smokers and YOUNG people, nor were they around second hand smoke.

Just look at the air you breathe and the food you eat, and the Radon in the ground, and the gas fumes in the air. The list goes on and on and on. Radon is the 2nd cause of lung cancer.

No one deserves lung cancer smokers or non smokers, or any other kind of cancer for that matter. Sadly enough the stigma attached to lung cancer is smoking. :( We all pay a high price for that, less research, less money for new drugs, less education about lung cancer, not much goes toward lung cancer issues. Kind of sad!

• 2 weeks later...