Tough News

dscherer

Well, it has taken me a few days to digest the news about my mom's latest scans. They found many suspicious spots on her bones. She has had some soreness i just hoped it wasn't this. I didn't get exact locations, will talk with her Dr next week. He started her chemo right away Wednesday Carbo and VP-16. Now we wait and see if the chemo works. I hate cancer!

My mom is right back into fight mode! She told us not to count her out. The chemo so far has gone well. Not nearly as hard as the cisplatin. I just pray it is doing it's job. I am glad to say that mom's Dr was honest but also gave her hope. That is a great thing.

I am so scared but I am trying to keep faith and have hope. I need to be that way for mom. She needs positive energy from all around her.

Thank you all for all your support, I feel better already knowing everyone will understand.

Dana

(((Dana))),

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry to see this latest news. I know how worried you were. Sounds like the docs are going for it with starting her on a new regimen right away, so that's good. Are they tossing Zometa into the mix too now? I'm glad she's in fight mode -- that will help! Good for her. Hang in there. I know how hard this is for you.

You know I wish your Mom great success and hope the new chemo will chase the cancer away.

Many Hugs,

Welthy

ANy time you get news like that and it is right into fight mode that is a wonderful and beautiful thing to be able to do!!!!! Prayers and Huugs for better news and that everything works MIRACLES!!!!

Dana,

I'm sorry to hear that the news for your mom wasn't better. My mom tolerated the carbo pretty well, so I hope your mom does too. It sounds like you have a Dr. who will tell you what you need to hear and won't waste any time. I think that's a great sign and with your mom's fighting attitude she can beat this stupid disease back into submission.

Susan

(((Dana))),

Yes, Dana , we do understand and it sounds like your mom has a good doctor. We all try to be strong, caregivers and patients alike, but there are times when you just need to tell a friend that you are scared. It's ok and it helps. Just try to stay positive and focus on the good things and the good days. Enjoy this time with your mom. Will be sending lots of prayers her way.

Hugs,

Sue

(((((Dana)))))

I am so sorry about this news. But it does sound like your mom is quite the fighter and that is important!!

Please hang in there. I wish there was more I could do for you. Your mom is blessed to have you with her.

Hugs to you and your mom - Patti M

Just read this post...I have been sick in bed

with the flu since last week. I am sorry to hear the news about your Mom. Please don't give up hope...stay positive-and let's hope this chemo works for her.

Dar

I am sorry to hear the news about your mom. I pray the chemo works for her.

I know how scared you are but she certainly has a wonderful attitude. Just keep yours up with hers.

Keep us up to date and know we are always here for you.

Maryanne