New to this site, and saying hi.

peebygeeby

Hello everyone,

My name is Gail, I am brand new to this site. My significant other of 21 years had just been diagnosed with a large tumor in the right lung, and a couple of spots on his spine. He is scheduled to begin chemo this week. At this time his doctor does not see radiation or surgery as options. We are just praying that the chemo will reduce the size of the tumor and maybe we can go forward from there with some other weapons of mass destruction!

We live at the New Jersey Shore, and we are seeing a group of doctors that are located in East Brunswick, NJ.

We will be seeking a second opinion at Sloan Kettering after the initial chemo treatment.

I have been on the site at Lung Cancer Alliance for a couple of weeks now, but they changed the format, and I was not comfortable with it.

So, here I am! I'm looking to get acquainted with as many of you as possible, looking to hear your success stories, to keep my hopes and strength up.

Thanx, Gail :)

Welcome again Gail, I'm just going to share my last message with you that I posted on your last message yesterday here in the Introduce Yourself Forum.

Welcome peebygeeby,

Sorry you have the need to join us, but I'm sure glad we are here for you. Take some time and read over the stories in (MY STORY) forum. You'll find a lot of good stories in there that will inspire you.

You'll find a lot of support and information here, not to mention a LOT of wonderful caring people that will go the distance to help you on this journey.

Take a minute and read over the board Forums, and also we ask that you take a minute and fill out the (MY PROFILE) at the top of the page. Fill out the Signature part of the MY PROFILE with your significant other's date of dx.s, type of lung cancer, etc., etc., just look at my Profile and you'll get the idea. It's helpful for all of us to be able to read your PROFILE so we can better help you.

Do you know what kind of Lung Cancer your significant has? Is it Adneocarcinoma, Large Cell, Sqaumous Cell, BAC. This are all Non-small Cell cancers. Or does he have Small Cell (Oat cell) lung cacner? It's helpful for us to know so we can better help you. Plus it's also helpful for you to know so you can better understand what the doctor's are all talking about.

I will suggest that maybe once your all introduced here, you might want to move to the NSCLC/MESOTHELIMOA FORUM. Or you might feel more comfy in the Caregivers Forum. We're always here to help our new friends the best we can. You don't ever have to wait very long here to get some help! :wink:

I hope you'll stay with us, and let us walk with you and your other half on this journey.

A very warm welcome to you, Gail. Folks here have all been in the exact same spot as you are right now..........newly dx and frantically trying to get a plan together to start to fight as soon as possible. It's just GREAT that you are going to MSK for a second opinion. That's something we all would recommend.

Keep in mind that there are many who are successful in keeping this disease at bay. In fact, I think our job is to do all we can do to keep on going until the NEXT big breakthrough comes along to keep us going again. There are new drugs and tx's coming along all the time, so we must keep on going until that BIG one finally comes through!

You will find support and much info here, Gail. And I'm glad to get to know you.

Kasey

Welcome Gail-

Glad you found us. Many here to give you hope and to read about their success stories. Stay positive/focused, take it one day/one step at at time. Many options with chemo treatments and they have come a long way with chemo as far as side effects and meds if one needs them to help. Be pro-active and research, research and more research, knowledge is the key. Stay with us and let us know how it is going. Prayers for the best.

Rich

Hello to you all and thank you! I find these days that I need daily reminders from people such as yourselves to keep me mentally strong and positive. I see that this can be done, and I need to be constantly reminded of it. I think that one of the things that I am finding especially troublesome at this point is that there had been no mention so far of being able to treat this with radiation as well as chemo. It seems at this point that our arsenal is limited. I was reading about radio frequency ablation this morning and I am wondering if that might be something that can be used.

Hank is set for his first chemo treatment tomorrow, as soon as I get more in depth details on his diagnosis and treatment I will post them. I am wondering if any of you have any advice to offer with regard to nutrition. Anything to add to his diet etc. There is a nutritionist at the facility we are using who I will talk to tomorrow, but I'd like to know what you did as well. Got to keep him strong!!!

Thanks everybody,

Gail

Welcome! This is a great site to come to. It was a Blessing for me when I was totally overwhelmed with my diagnosis. You will find the support that you need here. I know that I did. Again, WELCOME! :D

Carol

Gail,

Welcome. Read my mom's profile. She was Dx 14 months ago with a primary in the lung and mets to spine and pelvis. She is doing great now. After radiation and chemo her disease is stable and she has not been on any treatment for 9, almost 10 months. I think you are wise to seek a second opinion. we will be here for you.

Susan

You guys are all so GREAT! You have made me feel so much better, you have no idea! Thank you!

Hank had his first round of chemo today. cisplaten/taxol. Along with additives to control nausea. Tomorrow going back for Nulasta injection. At this point, no signs of any problems, nausea, etc.

His diagnosis is NSCLC stage 4 with a couple of small spots on the spine. Sure hope we can get this under control.

Luv y'all! Thanx. Gail

Gail-

Glad to hear Hank got thru his first chemo with flying colors!! Tell him to keep up the good work. Don't be surprised if he gets bad joint pain from the Neulasta shot - its supposed to do that. Subsequent shots won't be as bad.

Keep us posted!!!

Patti B.

Hey Gail, Hello and a big (((HUG))), :D

I am so happy to see that you have arrived here, even though we all wish you didn't have the reason for ever having to be here.

Here, Gail, is where you will find the help you need. There are so many who are willing to share.

This is the place where the treatment histories/ taglines are given to let you know that there are treatments, and there are ways to fight this.

We understand the anxiety. It is only natural.

Sending all the best to you and Hank.

(I am so glad that Hank had a good day with the chemo. You have made my day!)

Please, let us know how it goes. We care.

As always, your friend,

Barbara

"peebygeeby"]You guys are all so GREAT! You have made me feel so much better, you have no idea! Thank you!

Hank had his first round of chemo today. cisplaten/taxol. Along with additives to control nausea. Tomorrow going back for Nulasta injection. At this point, no signs of any problems, nausea, etc.

His diagnosis is NSCLC stage 4 with a couple of small spots on the spine. Sure hope we can get this under control.

Luv y'all! Thanx. Gail