I'm back

Many of you won't know or remember me, I'm sure. I lost my father 1 1/2 years ago to lung cancer. On Tuesday my husband's father was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma. It is in his rib and chest wall, but strangely isn't showing up anywhere else yet. The surgeon said if he has his guess, though, they'll find it somewhere in the lung even though the PET scan is not showing anything as of yet. So, my family is here for yet another rollercoaster ride. We've already met with the oncologist once, and we're due to meet back with him in two weeks. We are geographically 5 1/2 hours apart, and my husband and I will be trying to take care of him the best we can long distance. My dad had squamous cell so adeno is a new territory for us.

Of course we remember you! I'm so sorry that you are back on this darned roller coater again. For the most part, the treatment is pretty similar for Adeno as for Squamous. A few more options maybe. Hang tough, I know this would be a shock to any of us to face this cancer again.

Many hugs,

Welthy