Farm Pass Please

Bruce u

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy --- you're cracking me up!!! Bus photos -- whoo-hoo!! :lol:

I'll drive. I've always said that if I was ever in the mob, my name would be "Da' Driver."

Ry will get us over the border and any of us who aren't from at least as far North as Wisconsin, keep your lips zipped when we get to the crossing. Any western, eastern, or southern accents will blow our cover. :P

Who is bringing the boots for the cow flops in the field? (No Randy, I'm not bringing your cow either, unless you absolutely can't leave it at home.)

OMG. I forgot about Randy's cow. I know that he thought that some of us would never forget, but for a short time I did. Along with the cow, however, comes the herding dog. I sure am glad I'm flying to Yellowknife. :twisted::twisted:

The bus is impressive, Randy. :lol::lol: And it looks soooooooooo comfy. You all will have a great time on it. But not as much fun as NED, his wife, MIL, son, lovely Rosie the Golden Retr., and I will have on a comfy plane. Haven't heard from NED (also haven't contacted him about this), so I can't tell you where we're getting the plane. Wonder how long a flight from central FL to Yellowknife will take. Hope there's food on the plane.

Muriel

Yeah, I'm thinking you're on the bus too Muriel. If you don't behave, I'll stick you next to Randy's cow.

The dog rides up front and navigates for me. Ry will have a front seat from which to assign fines from too. She'll send the dog back with the fine notices between GPS checks. 8)

Do any of you realize that Bruce isn't even reading this stuff? Not that this is of any consequence, mind you... :wink:

Get on the next flight to see your son Muriel because the bus is pulling out very soon.

Okay -- I give -- who are the Pod people? Need I be skeered? :shock:

I think the pod people joined this story in the chat room, Debi. Remember that old, old black and white movie with pod people? I can't remember the name of the movie or much of the plot, tho. They "overtook" people's bodies - possibly when they fell asleep. Definitely something to be concerned about.

Patti, I don't know how big the plane is. If it's small, it might be that the weight of the people and their luggage will be a factor in determinine how many can make the trip. [sidenote]

Debi, I'd love to fly to Chicago to visit my son and catch that bus, but real airfare is pretty high right now and I might have too much luggage - stuff to wear to the wedding, etc. So, I think I'll stick with the plane to Yellowknife. You don't sound too confident that it will happen tho.

As for Bruce, won't he be surprised when he returns on Tues. :roll:

Muriel

The Pod People are from "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" watch the movie Ry quizzes on tuesday nite!! :wink::wink:

Yes Muriel --- I seriously think you're on a "wing" and a prayer with that whole flight thing. :lol:

Heck, we may have to get a loan from Fort Knox to afford the darn gas for the bus.

Yes --- familiar with "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" -- 2 versions. Thought that might be the reference, wasn't sure knowing you guys.

Isn't the wedding next weekend? That's the one I'm going to. Heck, we may be crashing the wrong wedding. :shock: We can still be "ooot and aboot" anyways. More Canada-speak. LOL I'm getting prepped for the border crossing.

Well, I'm going to have to hide under the seat at the border crossing. I'll never make it with my southern accent, although I do know the correct place to say "eh". A good friend of ours is Canadian. However, when I say "eh, ya'll" I'll have given myself away. LOL

So, the bags are packed, including the duct tape for my big southern mouth. I'll be waiting out by the highway for the Keg Bus to come by.

Lynn

So glad you are joining us Lynn. I am afraid that I must agree with Welthy that the plane just isn't going to fly (at least not with me on it), so I guess I'll be on the bus also. Really don't want to sit by the cow, however.

I think the bus trip will be a lot of fun. Perhaps we should plan some food. I hate fast food and ya just can't count on roadside diners. Best we bring our own. We can store the cold stuff next to the beer in the refrig. Wonder if a microwave would operate off of a cigarette lighter. Or we could just use the lighter to heat some of the food. So, who is bringing what?

Muriel

:idea:We can eat the cow :!:

The gator sounds good too, lynn, but who's going to catch it? When "the authorities" (as they're called on the news) go out to a neighborhood to take care of an alligator, they cart it off. So that wouldn't be a good source for the gator meat.

Someone needs to bring steak sauce, ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, and whatever people eat along with gator tails. [For those of you "up north," it's gators not crocs that we'll be eating.]

Muriel

Hey Linda. On second thought, I think you and I should arrive first before these crazy people arrive. If we leave now we can beat them. Poor Bruce is going to need help with all this craziness. I am on my way to get you now and we can help Bruce regroup and figure out what the heck he is going to do. Us Canadians need to stick together. Good grief!

Sandra - my bags are packed and I am waiting for you. Are we taking the Harley ... we'll make better time that way?!?!?

I also packed a lasso in case it comes down to it. I've never used it in my life but we may have to wrangle up a few crazy people trying to crash a wedding!

And Muriel ... aren't the gators typically full of neighborhood animals? .... ewww!

Linda

OK - Ladies - don't forget - we must bring the dog and get her all gussied up for the wedding. And we must remember to leave room for Richard Priest in the bus along with the pod people.

I have made up those calendars and have the full-size poster made - Bruce will be so proud of me!!!!! The calendars should raise enough money for gas!! Can't wait til he gets on-lione to read all this.

Oh, and I think Randy is bringing Willy Nelson along for entertainment. :lol::lol:

Sandra - my friend - get outa the way at the border - Ry is driving and we aren't stopping for anything!!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Nawww --- we can feed coyotes to the gators. A southern neighborhood critter with a northern neighborhood critter. Works for me. Hey -- no lasso's or we'll turn our gators loose on you.

I'll bring some Italian Beef with giardiniera and sweet peppers, Chicago Pizza, Italian sausage, and brats. (Of course the last one is pronounced like a bad kid here!) We only do the cow if we bring a Weber or two with us. I'll bring A1 just in case.

Okay -- everybody on board -- we need to get to the border and still have time to primp for the news crew. Let's go oot and aboot Ladies and Gentlemen (I use that term loosely!)

Last bus to Canada leaves today. Yoo-hoo -- road trip!

Bring bug spray -- I hear those way north flies bite like crazy. Oh and it's BYOF, because I don't know if they have daylight up there at this time of the year yet. (For our southern friends, bring coats and mittens, it could be in the 50's & 60's and we don't want you to catch cold.) :wink:

Looks to me as tho. the gators may be full of Canadians. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I thought the Canadians were our friends, but they seem to be turning on us. Speaking of gators, are we talking about huge lizard-type animals or the U of Florida football team?

Who is Richard Priest and why are we saving space for him on the bus?

I thought Welthy was driving, but now it seems as tho. Ry will be the driver. Remember, Ry, no drinking on this trip for you :(

Muriel

Canadians turning on you ... we are the "peaceful" people, remember. We never ever confront - didn't you know that? :) Besides, logistically, according to my calculations if there really is a confrontation it would be better for Sandra, Bruce and I to turn tail and run as fast as we can! We know the landscape better so we do have that to our advantage. Although, if you come through the Saskatchewan border there is absolutely nowhere for us to hide - seriously! :lol:

BTW, can we call truce long enough for me to join you for some grub - it sounds really delicious - Debi the Italian Beef had my mouth watering; the gator tail...not so much.

Bruce - this is the most popular thread going right now and you're not even here to enjoy it.

Anyhow, time to get oot and aboot (are we really supposed to speak like that?)

Linda