Almost New From NW Arkansas

Toddy

New or almost new here from NW Arkansas. I joined last March somehow made a mess of my registration, my computer crashed and a lot has happened since then so I've given up trying to find my way back with the old registration and have reregistered.

In March I had just been diagnosed with one 9 mm brain MET, twenty months after surgery and 4 chemo infusions of Carbo/Taxol for state 1B adenocacinoma. Since that time I have had gamma knife which at my last brain scan showed signs the tumor was shrinking and there were no new ones. My next set of scans including follow up brain scan is the middle of July.

I'm lost on this site so far, don't know where I belong or how to navigate. At one point I would have said early stage, I have not been given a new stage, they are still saying stage 1 with a reoccurrence, I guess because there have been no signs of METs anywhere else?

My husband of forty-seven years is also a LC patient having been diagnosed three months after my last chemo. He had ULL removed, staged 1A, no chemo. The week after my Gramma Knive he underwent a stent placement on the left side of his heart. Boy are we a pair? I say with a smile that perhaps we are experiencing the wrong kind of togetherness.

I have been a member of another site for well over a year now but felt it was time to look for support, empathy and encouragement elsewhere as several of my friends from the other site have done. Last March before every thing went a little haywire I was fortunate to meet a friend here who's husband had faced brain METs, I still have her personal address, she was a great help to me at the time and I thank her.

Guidance would be much appreciated, thank you,

Welcome. Wow, you and your husband...unbelievable! It took me awhile to figure this place out. Ry is right, just go into each forum and poke around for awhile. And post whatever question you would like, never mind if it has been asked before. There are lots of very nice people and inspirational stories here. Hope you stick around.

Sandra

we have recently moved to a new "Home" It can be a little daunting but if you post up we can help you around. Sos sorry to hear about the 2 of you needing to be here but am glad you are here for support..

Toddy-

Welcome to the forum (re-welcome). So sorry that you have to be there, though. You will find this site is full of wonderfully supportive and helpful people with lots of insight, information and compassion.

Just jump right in to any forum you like and start posting!! Theres no questions you can't ask - you will feel like a pro around here in no time!!

Please keep us posted as to how both you and your husband are doing.

Hugs - Patti B.

Hi, Toddy and welcome aboard. You'll find that navigating this site (just like the other one when we initially joined it) doesn't take long to learn.

To everyone else: Toddy and I go back a long ways (relatively speaking :)), having become good buddies on another site last year.

Toddy has been very active politically in terms of bringing our plight to the attention of both her state governor in Arkansas as well as her U.S. senators and congressmen.

Great to see you here, Toddy. A super bunch of folks who are helpful in every possible way.

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--the late, great George Carlin

Hi, Toddy, welcome to the group! I agree the number of forums to choose from is rather overwhelming, but in practice it doesn't make that much difference where you post, since most of us who are inclined to answer use the "View posts since last visit" link each time we come onto the site and will see new messages regardless of where they're posted. For your adenocarcinoma (same type as mine) you could mainly stick with the NSCLC or General forums, maybe Test Time when appropriate, My Story when you're ready to post a detailed history, Member Photo Album to supplement that, etc. It's not a big deal, and you will never be hassled for posting in the "wrong" forum -- if something is obviously out of place, a moderator can move it.

Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Hi Toddy. Welcome. Are they planning any more treatment for your brain mets?

I also am a nurse. I still am working.

So sorry to hear your husband is going through this also.

Keep us posted.

Donna G

Thank you all so much for your kind words and good wishes. I'm still not sure what I'm doing or how to reply to individual posts other than PM. So if you posted a welcome here just know that I appreciate it.

Carol if you read this, thank you for an addition to my "Introduce Yourself." It's so good to see you here. To Ned, thank you, I have posted to "My Story".

Donna G. so far the brain MET has shown shrinkage, I will find out next month if it is continuing to do so. So far there are now others, I pray it stays that way. As long as there are not diffused brain METs or more than a very small few they will be treated as individuals, sapped one at a time.

Again thank you all

Hi There, Toddy,

Sending you a giant, warm welcome, and am so very glad I will be "seeing" you here.

My next move will be to hop over to the "My Story" area and read your posting there, Toddy.

You are doing great. It took me much longer to find where to post everything. Not sure I have it all down pat yet.

But, if I get stuck, I can ask - there's always somebody to the rescue.

Barbara :D

Hi, Toddy.

What you can do now (if you want) is add the link to "Toddy's Story" (http://www.lungevity.org/l_community/viewtopic.php?t=37674) to your "profile" and after that, the link will show up every time you post in case others want to read more than bare details (you'll see that both Barb and I--and others-- have done that; keeps our profiles (signatures) shorter).

So great to see you here!

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--the late, great George Carlin