im new

huggy

hi im 52F on may 28th i went for a total knee replacement and on the preops they found a mass that came back as phuemonia i didnt have it i went for ct scans then a bronscopy to verify i had squamous cell carcinorna in my lung now starting treatment after the 1st week of finding out i guess i begin my jouney to i have a breathing test today so i can find out how i can begin treatment and win this fight Mary

Welcome Mary and so sorry you needed to find us. The journey is very scary at first but it does get better once you know your treatment plan. This is a very positive inspiring place to be with tons of very nice people and great information. Please look around and ask any question you would like. It will be answered. Take care

Sandra

Hi 'Huggy' Mary,

Glad to see you here so we can offer you any support that we all can muster up!

Things may seem a bit strange but you sound strong and confident Mary. Keep up the good thoughts because we are all here with you. Keep us posted please.

Take care. :)

Hi Mary

Welcome to this great site where the members are friendly and know hoe you are feeling. It does get a little easier as things fall into place and you begin your treatment plan. Having a great attitude to " win this fight " is a terrific beginning.

Welcome, Mary. I'm sorry you have reason to be here, but I do think you came to the right place. Things will be a little less (maybe even a lot less) scary pretty soon. The beginning of lung cancer treatment is hard because you don't know just what you have, how it can be treated, or how successful treatment will be. And, of course, your knee is no better than it was at your preop.

I had a total knee replacement in 1998 and my lung cancer was diagnosed in the spring of 2003. At least, I could walk comfortably by then.

Please keep us posted as you go through this strange journey.

Muriel

Mary, Welcome. This bunch is the best. I've been on the site for eight or nine months and somewhere along the line slipped into the "new normal" they were always talking about. Keep that fighting attitude and you'll do great.

Let us know when you have a plan in place. People here can help with frayed nerves, side-effects, dealing with difficult family members and all kinds of stuff.

Judy posting from the infusion chair at MDACC

Mary~

I can tell you have that fight spirit! Hea, you found this site. In my experience someone here has always experienced a senerio that was new to me, and helped me over the bumps. Please keep us posted . You and your family are in my prayers. Mary

Hi, Mary.

Sorry you have to be here, but it's a great refuge and information and support center (all of the above) for those of us with lung cancer and our family members.

I, too, have squamous cell carcinoma (less common than adenocarcinoma although both are non-small cell lung cancer(NSCLC)), and will watch for your posts in case I can ever be of help.

Affectionately,

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--the late, great George Carlin

Welcome

I can't say much more than everyone else has. I recently found this site as well. Everyone here has made me feel very welcome and very secure.

Take care and think positve

Sarah

Hi Mary-

Sorry you have the need to be here but Welcome to a great place with lots of information and many, many great, supportive people.

Please let us know how we can help you and let us know your treatment plan once it is in place.

Hugs, Patti B.