You just won't believe what has happened

Hi Everyone,

I can't remember what I posted last- I have been so overwhelmed lately. My mom's petscan had come back with bad news on Friday -7/25. You won't believe what happened next - After receiving the bad news on Friday my mother went home and my family came over and we rallied around her - she had a few scotches to calm her nerves after receiving the news. We went to bed and I went up to see her Saturday a.m., she was complaining about stomach pains -gas and stuff. My mom always had a very bad stomach her whole life with gas etc. so my stepdad and I figured it was just that. We kept checking with her and laying w/her she would tell us just lay don't talk she kept saying she just needed it to pass. So we waited but then after a couple of hours like 2 or 3 we said this is not right. So my aunts dropped by and convinced her to go to the emergency room (my mother can endure alot of pain) I am the complete opposite and I am big baby!! Anyway after arriving at the emergency rm they found out my mother needed emergency surgery to her small intestine b/c there was some blockage there and a perforation. They told us b/c my mother's body was so comprimised she may not make it through. Well she did -thank god!! She is in ICU now still healing from that surgery. The scary thing though is that the surgeon did say it was a tumor that was there and that we have to wait for the pathology to come back. Things are just getting worse and worse. I just can't believe that the tumor never showed on the petscan -very strange but I have no medical expertise so not sure why it didn't. Please pray for my mom for a miracle. I am sorry I can't be an ear for you guys right now but promise when things slow down I will, but I do think of you all as my second family in some strange way that we are connected by this horrible stuff.

Marci

Marci, You don't have to worry about anybody or anything but your mom and family and what you all have to get through right now. There are plenty of us around to take care of others.

So sorry for your mom and what she's going through. I know that pain tolerance thing can be really problematic sometimes. A lot of us older people have been raised that way. You got sick you just sucked it up til it got better. If it didn't, well then it was time to call the doctor. Glad you all took the choice away and made her go to the ER. It probably saved her life. I'll be rooting for her. She sounds like a tough lady.

Judy in Key West

Hi Everyone,

Well, my Mom is home recovering with staples and stitches etc. on her stomach from the surgery. It has been so rough for her. I stayed home for the week from work to care for her and comfort her. Not sure what I am planning on doing next week, she insists I go back to work since I am not a millionaire yet! Its funny how JoeB said the same thing my mom said about maybe it started in the colon and reached the lung. In my post, I mentioned my mother always had stomach problems for years and no one even gastro docs could not find anything. These things can be the smallest things I guess that grow and turn into big things and then you really take notice. I am not even sure if the docs know where this started. Anyway, I wanted to thank you all. You keep me going everyday! I hope you all are feeling well and enjoying life. Even through the most roughest parts of this I still insist her and I enjoy even just a minute of happiness between the bouts of the pain.

Talk with all soon!

Love Ya's

Marci