Thank you

shrimp

I want to thank everyone for their support and hugs during and after my Dad's illness. I have been increasingly dissatisfied with this forum and felt like I was being shunned, for my many posts and maybe too much emotional info. But I have come to realize it was not the forum. It was me- needing to talk one on one, touch and be touched- to my loved ones.I thought I was protecting them from my anger etc. But they needed to be a part of it. We needed some time to heal before we could start talking about it all, and this forum got me through that time period. Now it is time to rejoin the family and we will help each heal, with anger, tears, memories , laughter and lots of love.

(((((Shrimp)))))

I am sorry you felt shunned by the board here. I am certain that nobody here was upset with your posts. That's part of why we are all here. To listen and offer what support we can.

It takes time to heal and it takes time to come to grips with the ordeal you've been through. I, for one, can and do relate as you know.

Stay in touch, PM me ANY TIME and know I will always be here for you as will many of the others here.

Hugs

Christine xx

I am so glad you are working through many of the emotions that come along with the dx, tx and after of this dreadful disease. I do not negate the feelings you had ~ I do validate them. I just don't feel that purposely anyone here would shun you. We all deal and do what we need to do. Sometimes others' words stir up certain feelings within ourselves ~ NOT anger toward the persone stating them though. More anger toward the disease, the frustrations we feel, the helplessness. We are all in this boat together. Some of us have more rowing to do at times than others, but we all do get our turn.

So glad your family is talking and sharing. Glad too, you are here.

Kasey

I just want to clarify the " being shunned" part. I do not now believe I was being shunned. It was a part of my process of grieving- blaming the forum for my feelings. I only posted it because I thought there might be others that felt this way and it might help them to know it can just be part of the healing, may be a signal that you are ready to share these feelings with family and friends now. It is so easy to displace your feelings when you are going through something traumatic.

You are most welcome shrimp. Your posts were very heartfelt and I thank you for posting them here as I do believe when yous share what they are going through that it helps many others. I am glad to hear that this forum was of some help to you in your time of need. Because that is what it is here for. You are a valued member here and I hope you stay and keep us posted on how you are doing. I wish you continued healing

Sandra

I also agree with what everyone else has said. I know that early on I often felt like I hadn't connected with the board but I still came and read. And I still come to see if maybe I can be of some help to someone....but like they said above--often I read and silently nod or agree but don't always respond.

And I know what you mean about trying to protect your family members from your grief and anger. I still don't say all that I feel to my Mom's sister or even my brother. I am much more comfortable venting here where I know that folks "get it". I am still working on talking to them though. It's just so hard for us all.

Feel free to PM me anytime too.

Leslie

Hi shrimp.

It is good that you and your family members get together and support one another in the grieving process. I am sure that other people may isolate themselves.

I don't post as much as I used to either. It has been almost 5 years for me and I am still dealing with my cancer. Sometimes I just don't feel like posting much, but I at least scan the posts since last visit.

Don M

Shrimp,

Thank you for sharing your feelings and how you are working through them . By doing that I'm sure you are helping many others who may feel the same way. I'm glad you have your family and it's great that you can reach out to one another , but always know that you have a family here too. You are always welcome and I'm sure your posts have helped others, in more ways than you may realize.

Hugs,

Sue

Shrimp,

It's an emotional rollercoaster ride.

And no one here "expects" you to be a certain way or hold back. You are always being listened to. Maybe folks don't have acomforting word or have nothing to add, but I assure you, you are being heard.

At the same time, for me, this forum has been a great PART of my healing. But there are other parts too. You figure out what works for you and know we'll be here.