Great News!

LolasDaughter

Hello All,

I've been lurking and reading but not posting much. Glad to read the good news updates and stay up to date with everyone.

Mom had her MRI Thursday to see the effect of the gamma knife and we have positive response! The brain tumor shrunk from 13 mm to 3 mm, which is fabulous. (The Dr said they consider even no growth a 'positive response'.) Mom's energy is beginning to come back, her hair is coming in slowly but surely and if her next scans in December are clear, she and Dad plan to go to their place in Florida in Jan-March.

It was a year ago yesterday that she and dad were in the ER and this whole journey started. It's been quite a year but God has been with us through it all and we're in a very good place right now. Today is a good day!

Soooo, drinks in the pub are on me! Let's celebrate!!

Love,

Nicole

Thanks, everyone. I sure enjoy celebrating with all of you. I know you really 'get it' and that's such a good feeling!

Bruce U mentioned my Mom's humor. (He's seen all of her smart alec remarks, I think!) I neglected to share the 'funny' from this visit! (There's always at least one.) She was in with her radiation onc who asked her 'So how are your ears? And your hearing and fingers and toes?"

Mom answers, with an innocently bewildered look on her face 'Well, I don't hear with my fingers and toes.' What a smart a**! Even the doc chuckled some on that one!

Love,

Nicole

Drinks all around Nicole... That is amazing results... what a difference a year makes plus the technology that is available now of days.

Good luck to your mom, Iam sure she will enjoy the warm weather.

Maryanne :wink: