One year since dx

Ellen in PA

Hi folks.

Well, December 26 was one year since I was dx with Stage 4 adenocarcinoma of the lungs, with mets to lymph nodes, pelvis, and salivary gland and later to the L3 vertebra. My treatment has consisted of 14 radiation sessions to the pelvis and spine (for pain and to prevent fractures and nerve damage) and monthly infusions of Zometa (since the rad tx). Oh, and a few weeks ago I had the salivary gland removed because it was bothering me and only afterward learned that it was malignant. (The original biopsy a year ago was negative, because they didn't go deep enough, duh.) I still feel fine, still have no cough or breathing problems, and am still enjoying my Marlboros. :D

Of course, this is all subject to change without notice -- but that's always true with LC, and so I'm very grateful for the advice I got that helped me decide to forego chemotherapy and chest radiation and all the attendant nightmares. I know we're all supposed to be 'fighters' so I guess I'm fighting by enjoying this period of my life. :D

Happy New Year to you all.

Ellen

I feel so fortunate to have spent 2 days of this past year with you, Ellen. Glad, too, that you continue to enjoy life and are feeling prettty darn good. We will lift a glass at Kildare's in March and toast us and all the others there. We are an awesome group, aren't we? Wishing you many more years like this past one.

Kasey

Ellen, CONGRATULATIONS. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but have to admit I'm hoping we can coordinate a working trip to NJ in Spring with your Spring lunch. I'd would love to meet you and the others and, of course, see Kasey again!

Judy in Key West

• 2 weeks later...