Official Scan Results

barbvh

CT and PET scans from Jan. 16 show a nodule near my surgical site has grown significantly and changed in shape since last October. I am being scheduled for a needle biopsy, hopefully next week.

My onc says hopefully it is inflammation, but with the size and shape changes the Tumor Board thought a biopsy should be done.

FYI - MY BIOPSY FROM LAST WEEK SHOWED NO RECURRENCE OF MALIGNANCY. YEAH!!

IT DID SHOW LYMPHOHISTIOCYTIC AGGREGATES AND MULTINUCLEATED GIANT CELLS, CONSISTENT WITH NON-NECROTIZING GRANULOMATA. I WILL BE SEEING MY PULMONOLOGIST ON THURSDAY. THIS IS WHAT THE BIOPSY LAST YEAR SAID AS WELL AND I WAS TOLD IT WAS JUST INFLAMMATION.

THANKS FOR ALL YOU SUPPORT!

Thanks everyone for all your prayers and in sharing in my joy and relief. I posted on ONC Talk about my results. This is what Dr. Pernell from there said:

"Granulomas are the body's response to foreign material that it cannot remove entirely, so instead it walls it off in little nodules which can wax and wane in size. In your case, you have sutures (stitches or staples) where your surgery was performed, so perhaps your body is reacting to those."

I'll ask my pulmonary doc on Thursday about this. If I had heard something like this was a possibility, it would have decreased my stress level a lot.

Have a GREAT DAY!

BarbVH