Mommy's home!!!

All of a sudden mom got better. She totaly shocked the doctors. She had been running a fever for 3 weeks while in the hospital. She has a hole in her lung, she needs oxygen now. The doc's say that she can't do anymore of her chemo. He thinks that is the reason she keeps getting so sick. So we'll find something else. She was on Taxotere, don't know what's next, don't care what happens now, I know she can beat anything!!!

I am so proud of her. She is such a trooper. Everytime she goes into the hospital, she kicks butt and takes names later. Sometimes she won't even take name's, just kick's butt.

Her hair is gone and she don't care. She hasn't lost a pound. The only real problem is that she is soooo tired, and she can't breath very well.

She has a little pump for her morphine, so she is out of pain. I got home health in here now to help take care of her.

We never know what's around the bend, we do know that we HAVE to go around it. I don't know what will be next week, but I do know that mom is fine right now. That's what matters. Take it all one day at a time.

The doctor told me that she shouldn't have come home. He said that her body is so weak from chemo that it shouldn't have been able to fight like it did. BUT IT DID!!!

I want to thank you all for all of your support the last few weeks. I know that the fight isn't over, not by a long shot. I have my mommy right now, she hasn't given up so neither am I.

I would have gone crazy if it wasn't for ALL of you. I might need you again soon and who know's, I might not. I will try to repay the kindness you have shown me, I only hope that I can help someone as much as you have helped me.

This one was hard on me.

Thank you all so much.

Renee :lol::P:lol::P

Guest DaveG

Renee:

Was your mom in the Army? She must have trained our troops in Iraq - KICK BUTT AND TAKE NAMES LATER - OH WHAT THE HELL, JUST KICK BUTT. Now that's my kind of woman lung cancer survivor :!::!::!:

I elect your mother to make the call to Revlon and I would like to listen in, because I have the feeling your mom would tell them not only where to get off, but how to get off.

How about it gang, RENEE'S MOM FOR DRILL INSTRUCTOR OF THIS OUTFIT :!::!::!:

Renee,

I'm so glad that your Mom is home! :lol: I'm so happy for you! I can feel your joy, so celebrate!! Hopefully the homehealth care will make it easier on both of you, and you will have someone else to monitor her care. Best wishes to both of you!!!! Enjoy your time together! :lol::lol::lol:

Laurie

• 2 weeks later...