Scan Time--Results Not Great (Scroll Down)

fillise

Mom has her 3 month scans tomorrow. She is feeling so well I almost didn't post this, but I've been around here long enough to know that you should NEVER take this beast for granted. So any prayers or good thoughts you have for her would be appreciated.

Results come in on Thursday the 22 and I will update everyone then.

Thanks!

Susan

Hi Susan,

My very best wishes to your mum,I just know the results will be brill.Hasnt she been doing well over these years,giving hope to so many readers here,well done mum.

Susan, I'm holding my breath and sending many positive thoughts your Mom's way. I'm sure the scans will be great but oh that wait! But we'll wait with you so you can come on here any time and say you just can't stand waiting another minute lol.

Judy in KW

• 2 weeks later...

Mom got he scan results on Thursday. The primary tumor in her right lung has grown from 2.6 to 3 cm. There is no other change which means that the lesions on her liver and left lung are still not visible. There is also no change in her bones, which is good.

The Onc. is upping her Tarceva from 75 mg to 100. She goes back in two weeks and I think if she tolerates that he might up it again. There was some talk about doing chemo again, but mom is talking like she doesn't want to do chemo again. I guess we will try the increased dosage and see if that stabalizes things.

Overall it's not the best news, but it could have been a lot worse. The primary is still half the size it was in November of last year and Mom is still feeling good with lots of energy. So cause for concern, but no one is hitting the panic button yet.

Susan

Sue, I'm thinking like Ned. Such a small change is hardly a change at all. Seeing those little blips are the price we pay for being watched carefully. Mom's feeling good and that's the important thing. Hope the increased dosage doesn't cause her grief. Give her a hug for me.

Judy in KW

Hi Susan,

Great to hear your mum's feeling well,I am not an expert on scans of course,but like the buddies comments I think its pretty good news,hope your mum does OK with the increased tarceva doseage,please say hello to her from me.