Emergency room.

Remembering Dave

I am on my way to the emergency room. My Onc. Nurse, who is very good BUT very, very stuburn, thinks I have the flu and I need to go to my Gen practicioner who is not available today. I have been coughing for over 2 weeks and it has gotten so bad that I feel as if I may break a rib from coughing. Now I don't think it is the cancer, I think I may have some kind of infection since I am coughing up mucus when I do cough. So instead of going to a gen practicioner I have never seen who may or may not be familiar with lung cancer issues and who would more than likely just order some tests and an x-ray, Karen decided I need to go to the emergency room so at least they can take some x-rays and maybe a CT if I can convince them to. Keep us in your prayers.

David C

David,

I hope you are feeling much better soon.

Good idea to go to ER when you are feeling this way. You get much better care than trying to explain to a doctor who doesn't have your history what is going on. Good call Karen. You go girl.

You are all in my prayers.

Shirley

David, thank you so much for letting us know that you are on the way to the ER. Of course prayers and eyes, fingers, legs crossed (although the last part will not be necessary as soon as my little one gets off the 'potty'-does she have to bring the magna doodle in there EVERY TIME!!!)

Joking aside, I agree that the ER is your best bet for a better evaluation, and when you find out it was just the flu-you'll feel even better about it. Let us know how it all goes, Deb

Hello everybody I am finally home!!! Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day!!!!!

Well after spending all day in the emergency room I have good news and great news. Good news is I have Bronchitis and a prescription for antibiotics and cough syrup with codein. The great news is that they did a full CT Scan from tip to toe, so to speak and everything is clean. I was scheduled to have the CT's done Feb 3rd but my Onc said to go ahead and do them while I was there. It added about 3 1/2 hours to our day but well worth it since I did not have to wait for a couple of days to find out the results. Everybody at the hospital was wonderful. Faith is at Grandma and grandads for the night thankfully , It would have been a difficult day for her. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and goodnight.

David C