Coming to terms............

After my anger and devastation this past week, I am coming to terms with the fact that my Dad has cancer. I am now living in today..........not tomorrow or next week or next month. My Dad is still feeling great......he has a little shortness of breath and swelling in his knees and ankles. Other than that, he is doing well right now. That means today is a good day! Instead of thinking of what is going to happen, we are making some plans. No............not dreary plans............fun plans. My Dad LOVES to watch professional bull riding on TV. My hubby and I are going to try our best to get tickets for all of us to go watch the bull riders in person. We are also going to take him on a mini vacation.(Haven't been on vacation with my Dad since I was 20 years old...........I'm now 32) I have decided that lung cancer is NOT going to rob me of my sense of peace or of good times with my Dad!! (Are you picking up on a fighting spirit that was not in me just a few days ago??) Thanks to God and many of you I have been able to reach down deep and grab some strength. For that, I will be eternally grateful!! You are a wonderful group of people and I pray for each and every one of you daily!! In fact, at church today, I requested special prayer for everyone who visits this site. Our whole church said a special prayer.

My Dad is having a PET scan tomorrow. Please remember him and my family in your prayers.

May God bless each and every one of you!!

In my experience, the body goes into shock; it cannot deal with all that it's heard. I remember quite well the moments the cloud cleared a bit and I decided that cancer was not going to stop me. Doesn't mean that I don't have bad times, but my mantra is "I've given this enough time now"

good luck. Have you read anything by Dr. Bernie Siegel? His Love, Medicine, and Miracles helped me tremendously.

gail

It is a good thing to face your emotions. You also need to know you have a choice whether you let them take over or whether you decide to take over. You faced them and decided that enjoying the time you do have your Dad is important. Good Job! Donna G

I am SOOO glad you "got it". I couldn't type any louder... :wink:

It's "girl power", Angie. Finding out you have far more inside you than you ever thought - and it's something normally discovered when giving to someone else.

PMA - Positive Mental Attitude....keep the good thoughts flowing.

Remember, bad days are okay, and to be expected. Don't take a minor sting as a major set back!

Hang on, the ride is in motion....

Becky