Good News!!

wenna

Hi everyone,

I've just completed my 6 months scans--CT scan of chest and MRI whole body bone scan-- ALL CLEAR!!! After doing the PCI, I lost my hair, of course, and was totally kicked in the rear as far as energy goes.. but I am definitely on the upswing now! I am actually getting nights where I sleep for more than 5 hrs!!!!

You guys have been great! Thank you so much for being here for me. I know you can also beat this monster! Please just believe!

Love,

Marilyn

(wenna)

Marilyn,

What a coincidence. I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were doing since I hadn't seen a post for awhile.

Well it looks like you are doing GREAT.

Ginny

Guest Karen C.

Marilyn - that's awesome - your diagnoses and treatment looks just like my husband Dave's (David C - check out his profile) and seeing how well you are doing makes it all the more encouraging for us!

That PCI kicked his butt big time, too, especially with energy - worse than the chemo.

by the way, he's got about a 1/4 inch of hair now, and his PCI was during the month of September - to give you an idea of how long it takes your hair to recover.

Keep in touch - you're doing great!

Karen C.

Thank you everyone for the replies and good wishes. We did go out to our favorite Chinese Resturant. And I tell you it felt fantastic to see something other than a Dr. or lab office!!

I hope to hear some good news (no matter how minor you think it is) soon; I'll be praying for all of you!

wenna

Hi Wenna,

Indeed,” sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof” but you had to put up with a lot of evil days to get so far in beating the “beast”. Congratulations on your wonderfully empty scans. I think we should all squeeze in every moment of good news and celebration we can, to make up for the bad times. Now that I can eat, I pamper myself with the best stuff I can find.

You fought for these good results and it is an inspiration to see that it is paying off. Happy days!

Dan

Hurray!! Thanks for sharing your good news. Keep up the good work! : )

Hope

Mom dx with sclc limited stage 0l-02

5 months chemo (carboplatin & etoposide), radiation, no pci

Recurrance 06-03 found with follow up c/t, chemo (carboplatin & etoposide) began then stopped due to severe reaction

07-03 pet scan concurred ca in sternum

09-03 ct shows ca spread

09-03 Three 28-day cycles of cisplatinum & cpt-ll

12-03 some tumors responding, began 2 more 28 day cycles cisplatinum & cpt-ll

01-04 CT showed no recent growth/no recent shrinkage. On 6 week break from any treatment. Will do another CT end of 02-04.

Great news! Congratulations!

Joe

P.S.

I like the verse you quote in your signature.......

Another great one is the one right prior.. I have an autographed photo of Kurt Warner (QB of the St Louis Rams) - and he signed with a reference to Matthew 6:33

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."