Celebrating 1 year Pneumonectomy Anniversary

MBinOregon

One thing I've learned since the diagnosis is to celebrate every little (and big) happy things.

So today I'm celebrating that 5/9/18 I went into the hospital with so much uncertainty and 2 lungs and 4-5 hours later, I was wheeled out with 1 lung.  Came home 2 days later and went back to yoga 6 weeks later and then back to running by October.  Every handstand, every push up, every burpee, well, every breath makes me feel grateful and "normal'.  Most of all, I'm grateful to go from not knowing what tomorrow will bring to dare to hope for the future.  I'm also grateful for all the support, advice and cheering I've gotten on this forum.

Thank you, everyone.

Hi MB,

I'm new to the forum, but reading your post gives me such a boost today.  I'm home recovering from my lobectomy of 5/2/19 and seeing the progress you made is a great motivator for me moving forward.  Congratulations on the wonderful progress you've made and the great headset you have.  I wish you all continued health and success in the future and will try and get myself on the same wavelength.

Keep up the good work.

Lou

Thank you, Lou.

It wasn't easy, but you can do it if I did with missing my right lung😉 Right after I came home, it was rather shocking for me to go up to the second floor of my house and have to sit down to catch a breath.  By the end of the first week, I walked to my subdivision's mailbox area to pick up my mail, but turned and looked at my house that seemed like it was a mile away (we're talking  maybe 100 ft in reality 😁).  The whole time (well since the diagnosis) I didn't know HOW I was going to do it, but I've never once thought I wasn't going to do it.  I guess it's probably because I've never felt I had a luxury of being a cancer patient since I don't have any family or someone to take care of me.  Regardless, I believe attitude matters a great deal in this journey.

I wish you a fast recovery 🙏 and keep it touch with us, this is a great place for support whenever you need it. 

MB

Archived