CT scan results

Sharon L.

Write down your questions and bring somebody with you.  I find I would close down at times.  Scans and waiting for results is tough.  I've had 3 scans and each time was different....one drove me crazy waiting. I now know my oncologist gets the results the same day.  So, I strongly request an appointment one to two days later.

On 8/27/2019 at 7:32 AM, Curt said:

Waiting for results is awful.  4mm is REALLY small though.  Is this the first nodule or have you had LC before?

No I had a 3mm removed 2/13/18 with removal of my 3rd lobe on the right lung with Vats surgery.

20 hours ago, Laurel said:

Write down your questions and bring somebody with you.  I find I would close down at times.  Scans and waiting for results is tough.  I've had 3 scans and each time was different....one drove me crazy waiting. I now know my oncologist gets the results the same day.  So, I strongly request an appointment one to two days later.

Hello, I am taking my husband and sister with me.  I'm really worried since my nodule last year was cancer which was removed with Vats surger.  Thank you.

Hi Sharon

My prayers are with you! We all understand the anxiety around this time.  I email an agenda to my doctor in advance of my appointment. If I’m anxious, I put that at the top of my list. This way he blurts out the results before the door even closes.  

We’ve finally got some decent weather here in the Midwest so try & get out to enjoy it. I’m a fan of the keep occupied while waiting.  Onward. 

Michelle

After my last scan, I felt a lot of anxiety. I made it clear to my oncologist as soon as he came in to the room. I was almost in tears. He immediately shared good news from my scan.  I had been ill....and with any illness...cancer rears its ugly head.  These scans are stressful.

My CT was Clear!  It seems the nodule they mentioned wasn't new but had never been written in my reports before now!  I wasn't aware the radiologist could put whatever they wanted in a report.  I wish I had known this before and I wouldn't have been worried sick all week.  I'm so grateful for still being cancer free!  I'm sorry I didn't post sooner but wasn't able to connect on my iPhone so I'm on my computer now.  Thanks everyone for your support!

1 hour ago, Tom Galli said:

Sharon,

A clean scan--wonderful! I am so happy for you.

Now go do something fun.

Stay the course.

Tom

Thank you Tom!  My boss told me to take the day off and celebrate so that's exactly what I did!

41 minutes ago, Laurel said:

I'm so sorry you had to go through this. 

Thank you Laurel.  I guess I should quit looking at my scans before my doctor's appt. but its so hard not to look.  At lease know I know if I see something like that again and they say there are no new nodules I'll at least know not to be worried.

On 8/28/2019 at 11:54 AM, Sharon L. said:

Hello, I am taking my husband and sister with me.  I'm really worried since my nodule last year was cancer which was removed with Vats surger.  Thank you.

Hi Sharon and everyone,

This can be a tough reality and any info which can contribue to alleviating the disease and liberate people is good. The fact is that with the right approach, cancer at any stage can be beaten. There are effective and affordable solutions out there; you only have to search. If you have cancer, terminal or at any stage, or if you know anyone who has it, try it; you will be happy you did.

Warmly and best wishes,

K.

Archived