CT Scan -

Deb W

Hi everyone,

I had a CT scan today and noticed that in addition to my chest - it was also for my abdomen and pelvic area.  I am a little worried as to why he felt I needed to have all that scanned.  In the past it's been either chest or chest and abdomen.  Maybe he's being cautious?  I'm curious to know if anyone has had this done when they were scheduled for a regular CT. 

I will have the results tomorrow when I have my treatment.  I started the steroid in preparation for tomorrow's treatment.  I think it might be a long night tonight!

Deb 

Deb,

Every other scan for me is a chest-abdomen CT. My medical oncologist said he wants to keep tabs on my liver, kidneys and other organs in the lower abdomen because of the possible of a lung cancer met. So this routine has been my normal for 14-years of scan monitoring.

I hope "roid rage" is minimal as you prep for tomorrow's infusion.

Stay the course.

Tom

Deb,

I hope you do have a restful night and that your treatment goes well tomorrow.  Tom's response on the CT Scan seems right to me.  Better to error on the side of caution at all times with this disease.  Best of luck tomorrow.

Lou

Deb: That's indeed a standard procedure that I have done on each CT Scan. Best wishes and I hope your scan  results are perfect. Best

Deb.  I have also had the pelvic area in addition to chest and abdomen. I had to drink a nasty contrast for it

I also have scan results tomorrow and treatment?  I’m feeling so bad - weak , coughing, breathless. Kind of nervous 

Good luck to you!

Lin wilki - I hope you will feel better soon.  I didn't have to drink the contrast though....but I had to have a colonoscopy last Friday - not sure if it's the same drink but it was horrible.  Waiting for results on that too. 

Good luck tomorrow!

Deb

That's my routine and every six months they add a head CT too and a brain MRI if anything is off.

Never had a funding in my abd/pelvic, but I'm glad they do them.  I do hate the drink and always have it for any abdomen scans.  Yuk!

Best wishes. 

Lisa

I get the abdomen/pelvic, too--I assumed in my case it was because of the presumptive met in the sacrum. I have another one scheduled for the end of the month (right before next infusion). And yeah, the contrast drink SUCKS--ick!

Archived