Another Post Treatment/Surgery Scan in the Books!

WalkingHorse

Results from yesterday's CT scans with contrast came in overnight and I am still cancer free! 🎉 🤸‍♀️💃🎊 This is my second quarterly set of post treatment scans. Boy I will say that the scanxiety really got me this time. I swear, for about a week I was totally unaware I was walking around holding my breath and my muscles were all tense. My insomnia came roaring back. It's so weird how it snuck up on me. Since this is going to be my life for awhile I need to figure out how to recognize the scanxiety sooner and handle it before it gets to be too much. Maybe I'll set up a reminder about two weeks out to breathe/relax before my next scan.

Anywhoo... So happy and I can breathe now. (at least for a few months 🤪).

Kimberly

NSCLC T2b, N0, M0 IIB

Hi kimberley 

That's brilliant news I'm so happy for you well done, time for celebrating, all the best for fantastic future scans just try and forget about it for a while now and enjoy your life 

Take care Justin x 

Wow, this is so exciting.

Scanxiety is such an invisible beast. I find meditation is helpful in mostly keeping me from launching into the scanxiety netherworlds. I use an app called Insight Timer. I haven't used any of their guided meditations, but they have many.  Perhaps that would help? 

Karen

2 hours ago, Tom Galli said:

Kimberly,

Cancer free is NED (no evidence of disease) and is worthy of big-time celebration! So, get out there and view the bluebonnets on horseback!

Stay the course.

Tom

I plan on it as soon as the pollen settles down. It's horrible out there right now. I also notice that it affects me more after my lobectomy. A lot of things do. Can't be around bleach any more as an example. So protective of my lungs now. Wish I had been all those years ago...🚭

1 hour ago, Karen_L said:

Wow, this is so exciting.

Scanxiety is such an invisible beast. I find meditation is helpful in mostly keeping me from launching into the scanxiety netherworlds. I use an app called Insight Timer. I haven't used any of their guided meditations, but they have many.  Perhaps that would help? 

Karen

Thank you Karen! I have used Insight Timer since 2010 and it is how I start my day every morning. It keeps me sane(ish)! This last round just snuck up on me. I am going to be better prepared next time. 

Kimberly,

NED is a great thing!!!  Congratulations and we fully understand the "scanziety" that happens...we all go through it.  But, now you're on the bright side of the scan so please bask in it, celebrate as you see fit and enjoy life.

Lou

• 5 weeks later...

Minor (but BIG to me) update. After my last "clean" scan and this weeks blood tests my oncologist has okayed removing my port! 😁 It's coming out early Monday morning and I cannot wait!!  

I have been dealing with some neuropathy in my hands and to a lesser extent in my feet. Last few weeks the hand pain/discomfort has really ramped up. Doc suggested trying medical mj to help alleviate symptoms. He knows I've been resistant to any kind of narcotic pain relief as I am trying to hang on to every brain cell I can. 😆🤪 Chemo took a lot out of my in that department. Finally starting to feel normal-ish. Keeping moving, working out and swimming, basically building back up strength and muscle mass is helping my recovery I think. All in all doing great!!

Hi walkinghorse

I'm so pleased everything is going well for you and your starting to feel normal ish again, keep doing what your doing and goodluck for the future 

All the best Take care Justin x 

What a gift to get that port removed.

My husband has neuropathy in his hands after some illness and is prescribed gabapentin. He says it helps, plus it's not a narcotic. I hope you'll find some ways to deal with this icky new factor in your life. 

Oh, and, I hope your doc isn't expecting you to smoke MM-- you can get gummies and tinctures. I live in Oregon, where cannabis is legal and there are many stores. I hope you find some options that help. 

Karen

18 hours ago, Karen_L said:

What a gift to get that port removed.

My husband has neuropathy in his hands after some illness and is prescribed gabapentin. He says it helps, plus it's not a narcotic. I hope you'll find some ways to deal with this icky new factor in your life. 

Oh, and, I hope your doc isn't expecting you to smoke MM-- you can get gummies and tinctures. I live in Oregon, where cannabis is legal and there are many stores. I hope you find some options that help. 

Karen

Thank you! I was so happy to see it gone. Still a bit sore from the removal. More sore coming out than going in. Didn't expect that.

My smoking days are LONG over Karen. 😆 Only edibles and oils for me. I fiercely protect my lungs these days. My son owns one of the first commercial indoor grows there in Oregon so am familiar with things in that arena. As he is in business, he does not "hook me up" so to speak here in Texas. Does everything by the books as he should but when I visit he makes a nice THC/CBD oil for me.

I was given an rx for pregabalin. It did not agree with me at all. Only took one pill and had almost every bad side effect in the books. It was horrible. Picked up my rx and ate my first gummy last night. Best night sleep in a very long time. The tingling in my hands and toes is less annoying today as well and I feel very clear headed and rested. That's a win in my book! 

This is excellent news. Well, not the pregabalin part-- that sounds dreadful. But you've found something that helps and that is wonderful. 

Too funny about your son's business. You probably know much more about it than I! 

Here's hoping you keep building strength.

Karen