True Story

This is a true story........Last night, my seven year old daughter comes to me and says"Mom, can you help me?" I say, "Sure what's up?". She says, "I have a piece of skin on my testicle." :shock: I say, "Excuse me?????" She then puts her finger out and shows me a hang nail on her CUTICLE!". Where she got "the other word" from...........who knows. I have notice lately that she is really trying to use big words. I thought it was really cute and that I would share it with you guys. My hubby and I laughed all night............especially the look on her face when we had to explain what "the other word" was. Kids..........

Angie

Angie,

It reminds me of a story about my brother. My family went for a vacation in Fort Lauderdale when he was maybe 10 and I was 12. We were staying at a hotel on the beach, and as we drove up, my brother said, "Wow, look at all those condoms on the beach!" My prents looked at each other and started asking him questions until they discovered he meant "condos". Apartments and condominiums in our part of the world are not normally in huge buildings like those, and he was impressed by them. But it was interesting listening to Mom and Dad try to explain the difference between "condos on the beach" and "condoms on the beach".

Becky

Gee, Becky...

From what I've heard of Ft. Lauderdale (Spring Break, etc.), they probably had good visual aids for BOTH!

...and hey, have you noticed the commercials on cable lately and what time they're PLAYED?? It ain't for MY pleasure...

ANYHOW... our "Mouths of Babes" story had to do with some remodeling show on one of the cable channels where the host is shopping garage sales for "trendy" (CHEAP) things to put in this person's home...he picks up a Barbie and makes a lewd gesture with it - color the parents in the room SHOCKED as my son calmly says, "Oh, it's Nibble Me Barbie"...

I thought my spousal unit was going to fall out of his chair! Guess the boy takes after his mom, always thinking of a punchline....LOL

We STILL get a giggle out of THAT one...

Kid stories-gotta love em

My 2 oldest were about 6 and 8 and Vicky calls Paul a name and he runs to me and says Vicky called me a dic_head! Needless to say I could not say a thing. I called them in the room and asked if they knew what that was and they said 'a BRAT' I had to explain a little anatomy then and they were both red by the end.

When I was pregnant with my last one the 2 oldest were about 7 and 9. I was seperated from their dad at the time and had moved back home to IL. So here I was pregnant, 2 kids and in the midst of a divorce. None of my friends really knew the reason for the divorce just that I was getting one. The kids and I called the baby Sam-either a Samantha or a Samuel, and they would say 'I don't know WHO it is yet.' Well a friend asked Paul and Vicky what they wanted a sister or brother? Paul said 'we don't know WHOSE' it is!' I was so red faced and trying to explain what he meant that I just made it worse, so I just walked away :oops::oops::oops:

Yet another one.

My niece came home from kindergarden and asked my sister what 'shed' meant. My sister explained that is was a place to store bikes, lawn mowers etc. My niece looked very perplexed and my sister realized she was really asking about the big S word.

So my sister carefully explained it (never giving her the proper pronounciation). My niece accepted the explanation and then asked my sister 'Well, what do they mean when they say God shed his grace of thee'

This happened 35 years ago and we still chuckle.

Ginny

Kids aren't the only source...

In my high-school French class, we were using a vocabulary book which was divided up by common places, i.e., a school, a kitchen, a bathroom. The bathroom had a bidet. The translation for "bidet" is "bidet". This meant nothing to small-town bunch of high-schoolers. "What's a bidet?" someone asked. Our somewhat prudish teacher turned about 6 different shades of purple as he attempted to explain it, and was met by stunned silence.

I still remember being horrified by the idea of a toilet flushing upwards :shock: .

Okay.....it has been a very long, and very rough day in Fay's World. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you all for sharing these. When I opened this thread I was crying (just an intimate little pity party with a guest list of one this time), and in short order the tears of self pity and frustration became tears of laughter. Nice trick, folks....if you can patent it you'll all be kazillionaires. :)

This also made me remember my kids' antics, and I appreciate that more than you can imagine.

One more.

When my 40 year old son was about 5 we were at a fire works display, held in a football stadium. It was a hot, hot, hot night and the great big lights were on in the stadium, just making it hotter. They had a drum and bugle corps perform first. Suddenly, kids in the corps where dropping from the heat all over the place.

They turned the lights out to cut down on the heat. Suddenly and ambulance was going across the field with all of its lights blazing.

My son said: "Look, Mommy, it's a happy birthday station wagon"

These stories are AWESOME!! I LOVE 'EM !

My son and his dad were at a park with a lake one afternoon. They were sitting watching all the ducks on the lake. My son said, "dad, what kind of duck is that? and his dad said, "it's a Red Headed Duck", then my son asked again, what kind of duck is that? his dad said, that's a Mallard. And then they just went about business. My son was 5 at the time, and he had gone to school the next day and the teacher asked the kids, what they did over the weekend. When it came to my son's turn he said, "Oh, my dad and I went to the lake and watch Red Heads" His teacher had the NEED to call and tell me that one! (his dad and I were divorced) :roll::roll::oops:

Love to All,

Ah, childhood....

I remember, way back when...one night, Mom didn't turn off the TV while we were eating dinner (small military housing, dining "room" just a niche off the living room)... Of course, on comes the 6 o'clock news with an "exclusive" on some kind of surgery (add in all the gore here involved with surgical procedures 20+ years ago)..

As a young teen, I remarked on how gross it was, just plain sick...to which my younger brother was totally perplexed, looked at me and said, "What? They're wearing gloves!"

...and that line is STILL used in the house when someone just doesn't get the obvious...go figure!

Becky

Okay heres mine. My youngest son was about 8 years old and fascinated by all branches of the armed forces, he wanted to be GI Joe when he grew up. His dad took him to the post office one day and he brought home a Marine recruitment form. He proceeded to fill it out and wanted to mail it in, he entered his name, address, etc, on the line where it said sex (m) (F), my son wrote in NO. We still laugh about it to this day.

Bess B

Reminded me of another one. Two of my cousins were visiting grandma and she put them in the bathtub together at the end of the day. They were probably 3 and 5 years old. She thought they were so cute she went to get a camera to take their picture. When she came back in , Christie told Brad, "Don't look at me. That's dirty." Brad said, perplexed, "How can it be dirty when we're in the bathtub?"