Introducing myself

Addie

Hi....call me Addie. I found this site yesterday after doing a search for information....and joined right away. Somewhere around noon yesterday, I got the results of last Thursday's lung biopsy....and it's sclc...most likely limited stage, but we'll know for sure after a few more scans, I suppose.

I'm 57, married with two grown sons and two pound mutts who now fill in as our "kids" :wink: I quit smoking the day of my biopsy. Not soon enough, obviously.....but I believe it will make the road ahead a little less difficult if I'm no longer a smoker.

I expect to get a call today from my internist saying he's got me all set up with the oncologist for sometime this week. I want to get started on treatment asap. I'm not sure if it's just nerves or not...but since the biopsy, I am experiencing some shortness of breath and haven't slept worth a dang since last Wednesday night! I wasn't symptomatic before the biopsy...it was rather serendipitous that this was caught. So it may be that I'm just hypersensitive to any possible symptoms right now....and anxious. I mean, who wouldn't be, under the circumstances?

I'm impressed with what I see on this site so far...in terms of the clear compassion and support and the wealth of good information available. I'm glad to know this community is here and I expect I'll be a regular visitor doing lots of reading!

Hi again Addie,

Glad you got an early apt. Could you tell we all thought that was important? LOL! Any how, welcome again to our group, glad you're here, but sorry for the reason why. Good luck on the smoking thing, it is hard, but you can do it!

Blessings

Betty

Hi Addie,

You have found the right place to be. Everyone here can help you along this bumpy bumpy road. I just wanted to say welcome, and wish you the best.

We also have a mut that is like one of my own kids, only she outweighs all three of my kids put together!!!

Best of Luck, Keep in touch

Jamie

Hi Addie,My names Frank.Sorry you had to seek us out but you couldn't have found a more caring and and knowing group of people anywhere.We also have more nuts than anywhere,whom you will grow to love and enjoy.I'm glad you are doing every thing with speed because the not knowing is worse than the doing.Good luck with everything and keep us posted as you find things out.

Hi Addy,

Welcome! Sorry we have to be here. You will find a lot of compassionate and caring people here. There is a wealth of information and support. This is the place to ask questions no matter how silly you think the question may be. There is no such thing as a stupid question. Ask away. We are here fo you. Please visit often and your in my prayers...

Blessings,

Karen

Addie

welcome. I am so sorry about your dx. But there are really effective treatments for limited stage small cell out there right now.

i believe first line chemo is VP-16 with cicplatin. there is also a good second line chemo (which i read about) called campostar that is supposed to clean up with the first two don't but it has not been approved for first line chemo in small cell yet.

please find your anger and get mad at the cancer and fight it off like a demon.

Hi Addie,

I'm glad you found this site at the beginning of your battle, because I know it will help you through. It's a roller coaster of emotions and physical challenges, but it sure is nice to have the support and knowledge that you aren't alone.

Blessings,

Margaret

Hi Addie,

Just wanted to say hello and welcome you to a wonderful site filled with knowledgable, caring and supportive people.

I'm sure you are anxious and I know first hand how anxiety can cause physical symptoms - especially with a cancer diagnosis.

Just know that I'm rooting for you and hoping for the best. Stay strong - this disease isn't going to win - I tell myself that everyday.

PS. I have 2 dogs also. Step children grown and gone so they're my "kids" along with a lotta cats. 8)

Hi Addie,

I'm sorry you had to seek us out, but VERY glad you found us. As you've already seen there are a ton of really good folks here. Good luck on whatever treatment you end up doing and be sure to keep us updated on how you are doing.

Dean

Welcome Addie,

I am sorry you had to seek us out but so glad you found us! This is such a great group of people!

I also have sclc so if you have any questions I would be happy to help in any way I can.

Jump in, ask questions, share your knowledge, just be one of the family!

God bless,

MO

Welcome Addie

I am so sorry we had to meet this way, but I am glad you found us. I also hope your doctors give you clear answers to your questions.

I was the same way, all kinds of symptoms came on me after DX. Some were all in my head, well, most, so far. The first weeks are very hard. I had such trouble sleeping, too.

Keep us posted and welcome to the family.

Elaine

Addie -

Read my history below, and you'll see we have a lot in common, although I'm only 43! And I'm hanging in there and back to my full, busy life!

You CAN get thru this - emotionally and physically!

Email me if you need to talk,

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS