Update on my Dad

I took my Dad to the oncologist today for treatment, scan results and to discuss the neuropathy and fatigue that has hit him. I have been a nervous wreck about all of this for a solid week. Why do I do this to myself???? No sleep.......couldn't eat.....sick with some kind of bug.........all for nothing. Our Dr. looked over Dad's chart, the scan results, etc. He looked straight at us, smiled and said, "I am da-- happy with all of this!" Seems that the carbo/taxol is working. The scans showed shrinkage again. From diagnosis, Dad's primary lung tumor has shrunk a total of about 70%!! Praise God!!! The bone scan showed nothing new. It still shows mets in T5, 8 and 12 on the spine and a met to the iliac crest. The only one that shows any change is the T12. It is a tad bit larger. As for the neuropathy, the Dr. confirmed that it is indeed neuropathy. He said that he thought Dad could handle two more rounds of chemo. He will then go on Iressa and start some radiation to the spine. This all sounds great to me.

I was shooting questions at the Dr. about Iressa and Tarceva. I told him what I knew...........about Iressa seemed to work best for those with Adenocarcinoma with BAC features. He was very nice and answered everything that I asked. Before the Dr. left the room, he turned around, smiled at me and said, "I will have to study before your next visit." He asked if I was in the medical field. I told him, "No, but I belong to a wonderful support group where I find a wealth of information. I am constantly reading about treatments, etc." He asked for the name of the group and I proudly told him. He said that he would pass the info along to other lung cancer patients. It made me feel good to be able to intelligently speak with the Dr. and actually understand some of the lingo that Dr.'s use. I thank you all for my "education". I just love my Dad so much. I want so bad to be able to "fix" him. That is not in my power though. If love could fix him, he would certainly be cured.

Praying for you all!!

Angie

Angie,

Awesome update!!!! Yay!!!! Now you can enjoy the three day weekend!

I am sorry you made yourself nervous all week :( I wish I could give you advice on how to be like me, totally stress free, calm, relaxed and never feeling sick. But I am not sure how to be carefree like me except be me.

Worryign does not make anything better, it only makes you sicker :) So Don't Worry, Be Happy! (am I funny or wh at?)

I am so excited about your update!

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Angie, I'm so glad to hear the great news. I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend & sleep easy.

Cat