MO's Obituary

MurielK

From the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

Marjorie Lynn (Missy) Engebretson-Ginsky

Engebretson- Ginsky Marjorie (Missy) Lynn passed away on Friday, June 11, 2004, at the Lake Regional Health System in Osage Beach, Missouri. Missy was born on May 24, 1955 in Westbrook, MN to Norris and Patricia (Nelson) Engebretson. She attended elementary school in Westbrook and then the family moved to Chaska, MN where she graduated from high school in 1973. Missy attended Hennepin County Area Vo-Tech and received her degree in Management and Marketing. On May 28, 1976 she married Steven Robert Ginsy. Two children were born to this union. Cory David, born March 4, 1977, and Randa Marie, born September 22, 1979. Missy has been actively involved in her church, Our Saviours Lutheran Church, in Camdenton, MO, where she served on the Board of Directors. She has also been very involved in the community as a past President of the Camdenton Area Chamber of Commerce and past President of the Camden County Fair Board. She currently served as Vice President of the Board of Director of the Lake Area Helping Hands Homeless Shelter in Camdenton. Missy had been employed by Tan-Tar-A Resort as a Sales Manager. Her parents, Norris and Patricia Engebretson; her paternal grandparents, Engebrit and Nora Engebretson; her maternal grandparents, Maynard and Marjorie Nelson; along with several aunts and uncles, preceded Missy in death. She is survived by her son, Cory Ginsky and wife, Amy, of Lake Ozark, MO; her daughter, Randa Ginsky, of Camdenton; her grandsons, Kayden and Sam; brothers, Mike Engebretson and wife, Lisa, Mark Engebretson, Matthew Engebretson and wife, Lisa, all of Hot Springs, AR; her nephews, Dillon and Mason; nieces, Michaela, Kendra, and Kara; along with many friends and associates. Memorial services will be held Tuesday, June 15, at 11:00 am, at Our Saviors Lutheran Church. The family will receive friends Monday evening, from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm, at the church. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to the family or to the church and may be left at the church. Arrangements are under the direction of the Hedges Funeral Home of Camdenton, MO.

Published in the Star Tribune on 6/14/2004.

I thought her picture looked pretty young, but I just thought perhaps it had been taken a while ago. In the picture she looks so energetic and full of life.

I'm amazed that I found this - and found it before the Twin Cities folks did. I grew up in Mpls. and read the StarTribune online several times a week. Today, I looked at the obituaries, never expecting (or hoping) to find anyone I knew, especially MO.

Muriel K

Went to work early today, didn't read the paper, thanks for the post. Really , she told us she was coming to Mn to visit friends and family but I guess I never thought it would be in our paper. I really wish she had been able to come. Donna G

Mo was almost a year older than I am. Not old at all.

I will always admire the way she was going on with her work,

and her other community activities, right up until the last days.

I will treasure the angels she sent me that she had made for her

church fair.

CANCER SUCKS.

XOXOXOX

Prayers, always,

MaryAnn

• 15 years later...

I'm not sure if you will see this, but i just stumbled across this message board. you all have such kind words to say about my mom. Here we are 15 years later and i love that i can still find stuff from time to time about her on the internet.  I remember her often talking about her message board friends and chat friends, how they helped her feel better when she was feeling sick and hopeless (which she hid very well). Thank you all for being so supportive to her and offering such kind words. 

Randa Ginsky