Calling for home care for pain management

tess

Hi Everyone,

Another sad turn of events here too :cry: Rob is having so much pain now that its become unmanageable. We need help. He is also now using a walker, he started having neuropathy Saturday. His back is hurting and I'm sure the spine mets have something to do with it also. He quit the Iressa as of yesterday. We don't need a CT scan to tell us its not working. The pain is doing that. So we are waiting for a call back from Home health care, a step away from hospice. :cry: He justs wants to be pain free. We were up half the night last night, he was in so much pain. It is so sad to see him going thru this monstrous disease! He is finally accepting the fact that God will take him home soon and we can't do anything about it. He does want to try another chemo, not sure yet if he will even be able to go get the radiation now. I just pray for God to give him peace. Like Mo said, "let go and let God" and that's about all we can do now. Thanks to everyone for your prayers. I'll keep everyone posted.

I do have 3 Iressa pills left. If someone is on it, and doesn't have any insurance, let me know by PM and I will send it to them.

Tess

Tess

I am sorry that Rob is experiencing so much pain right now, and that you have to watch it happen. I am so sorry that it seems this disease is progressing.

I hope that his discomfort can be managed effectively, and that something special happens to keep the cancer at bay.

Thinking of you both.

Karen

Tess,

Unfortunately, it sounds as if Rob and TBone have a lot in common. As a caregiver/family member, I don't think there's much worse than seeing them in such pain and feeling so very helpless. Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings,

TeeTaa

Tess,

Glad Rob is going to get his pain under control. I have spent the last several days with my husband in extreme pain. It is sooo difficult to watch. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Once he gets the pain under control, he may do much better and be able to tolerate more treatment. Hang in there.

Tess & Rob,

Here's hoping that the Home Health Care can really do something wonderful for Rob. When Steve came home from the hospital, it was our home health nurse who really got us help in the pain meds dept. The individual time and attention really pays off. Trying to send you some strength because I too know how hard it is to watch our husbands in pain.

Tess,

I am so sorry your hubby is in such pain. I guess I have this stubborn streak in me that believes that no one should have to be in such pain. There is just too many medications to ease that. I am praying you find the answers soon. I agree there is a time to let go and let God.

God Bless You Both,

Jane

Oh Tess {{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I am so sorry that you and Rob are going through this right now. I nkow that there are no words to describe what you are feeling watching your loved one go through this. I can only offer you comfort in telling you that you and Rob are in my prayers.

Angela