My former oncologist.....

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Cat

Pls, Cat, try to focus on the positive. I know I can't always do it. But pls try to think of the good things--that much of your tumor is dead (maybe all of it!), You are taking lots of supplements and thus far you have no mets, you are strong-willed and strong-minded, you are kind, you are talented, you are loved. ....and there is a long, long list of things you CAN do.

love and fortitude

elaine

Sorry. I feel like the Gloom and Doom person around here. Spreading sadness everywhere. I should take a few days off - not for me - but so I won't bring anyone down.

I've got to get to sleep. I slept from midnight to 2 a.m. and really need more sleep.

I'm new to the forum, but have gotten a sense that when things are at their worst is when you need to be here the most.

Fortunately, there is a large group of caring people and not everyone is "down" at the same time. When you are having a slump, someone else is at a strong point and can talk you off the edge of the roof. I come here knowing full well that there will be some sadness, frustration, anger and other so-called "negative" emotions....it's part of the disease. It's good for me to know that I"m not the only one who has peaks and valleys....don't stay away when you need the support the most.

Prayers for rest and a peaceful angel on your shoulder.

cat,

unload your problems on us. let us all start a movement. tell us your oncologists name, tell us what city you live in. let us start a letter writing campaing to ALCASE or ACS or your local newspapers about the abuse you have suffered at the hands on this butt faced, jack *ss, loser mo-fo of a doctor.

let us help find you a doctor who may help you pro-bono. let us make calls for you. I won't let you give up or get down, you mean too much to me and everyone else on this board, we are all we have got in this fight and we need to make our own grass roots movements. it takes a village to raise a child, well it takes lung cancer suvictims, survivors and family members to get some action where one person can't.

let us help.

Cat,

I am going to PM you and give you my phone #. Please call when ever I dont care if it is in the middle of the night. I'm up anyways!! If by chance I was sleeping I would still welcome your call. I can alleviate some of your finacle burden. We and the others will helpso you can get seen by the right people and make sure you lose nothing!! Please think again about coming to live in New Hampshire as I have a wonderful guest room with computer access already in there. No rent or anything asked of you except that you fight to get better!! I will help in any way I can. Please, Please ask of me what you need. I love You.

God Bless You,

Jane

Cat listen to what everyone is saying. Think of you right now not that sob of a doctor. He is human he is not God. His power only goes so far and he gets most of it from making people so afraid of him that they won't act. Do what you need to do for you now. Accept the help of all of us. Don't let that bas&&&& win!! Don't give up because HE is a loser not you :!:

As far as the hipocratic oath goes I have heard that they don't use it any more. If they do I sure know a few along with yours who should pay the price for that lie.

Rest tonight and tomorrow you will be able to start over. Start with your frinds here. That *ss might be able to throw his weight around a sick person but it won't get very far with people he can't threaten with his abuse. Take care and know we are all here ready to help and praying for you. Lillian

Cat,

Geoff and I just want to express how distraught we both are that you are being subjected to all of this.

You are in our thoughts and prayers, daily. We wish you were in New York!

Please PM either of us of there is anything we can do to help you.

Sincerely,

Melinda and Geoff

Cat, Do not let this Doctor get to you like that, please don't be afraid of him, (this just breaks my heart) he cannot take away your social security, they make the determination not the Doctor, they just ask for your medical records so their people can make a decision, but your Dr.s have no influence over the determination of benefits. I just can't beleive there are Doctors still around that are this evil.

You know how little I have and if he did something, which would have to include twisting the truth, to make them take away my social security I have no idea what I could do.

Rosemary

Glad to hear at least two of your doctors have your best interests at heart.

Maybe I am speaking the obvious here, but I do want to make sure that you have checked out the side effects of each of the supplements you are on. It's difficult if not impossible to do that kind of check on the effects of combinations, but you still might find something that could account for some of your issues.

Also, your new diet may have caused the weight loss. (Can you tell I am tryng to ease your mind?)

Though high blood pressure can be dangerous, it's actually low blood pressure that is often more dangerous. Usually high heart rate and low blood pressure go together. Well, they do for me anyway. It's a condition I have-- can't remember the name. But it sucks.

Anyway, if it gets too high, then pls go to ER. Pls.

love you lots

elaine

Cat,

Did not answer before, because I am out of the States

and can't write any letter that could help you.

But you got a lot of answers from everybody and they

all count.

All I can do from here is send you special prayers for a

good appointment tomorrow and solution to your problem.

Hugs

J.C.

Cat,

Zoloft is second or third generation. Prozac is first generation. I still take prozac because it works just fine.

Don't give up, hon, there's too many different meds to try, and the doctor has a lot of experience sorting out what works for who and what doesn't.

Hang in there.... we're with you!

XOXOXOXOX

Prayers always,

MaryAnn

Cat,

I'm just catching up here. Sorry for all your troubles. You have been thru so much-I have a very deep respect for the medical community, however as your case points out their are some real pieces of work out there. You had the misfortune of being treated by one. In what other industry would be sitting waiting in the "Waiting Room" for over an hour for an appointment? And on the receptionist desk there is a sign saying you will be charged if you are late for your appointment!!!! If I was waiting for an oil change I'd be bent out of shape, but at the doctor's office I sit there respecting their time!!!!! There is no question we elevate physicians to a status just short of a God. Very few other occupations have a specific title associated with their name....Dr. It's a cultural thing, right or wrong, but its built into this society of ours.

I do agree with the advice posted, get some legal aid, especially to look at your LTD policy. Some older policies written in the 70's and 80's have no occ, any occ clauses, stating if you can't return to your previous occupation, you do not have to return to work. Almost all later policies state you must return to whatever work your doctor feels you can handle. This is where your doc enters. I know you've about had it, and I can understand why, but worse case there must be some arbitration process-best to get legal help now.

Remember, we are all thinking of you and sending you positive energy to hold you up.

Nancy

Cat,

Something you may want to check in to is pharmacologic sensitivity testing. It's a series of genetic tests given to determine if you have or are missing specific genes involved in the body's ability to metabolize specific drugs, including antidepressants. If we are missing genes, have defective genes, or have copies of genes that render us hyper or hypo sensitive to certain meds the docs can either adjust the dosage to attain the right serum levels, or prescribe something else.

Wishing you well.